What does take the bull by the horns mean?
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word take the bull by the horns.
take the bull by the horns(verb)
face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it
take the bull by the horns(Verb)
To deal with a matter in a direct manner, especially to confront a difficulty rather than avoid it.
The numerical value of take the bull by the horns in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of take the bull by the horns in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of take the bull by the horns
Translations for take the bull by the horns
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- den Stier an der Hörner packenGerman
- coger el toro por los cuernosSpanish
- ottaa härkää sarvistaFinnish
- prendre le taureau par les cornesFrench
- prendere il toro per le cornaItalian
- ta tyren ved horneneNorwegian
- złapać byka za rogiPolish
- encarar de frentePortuguese
- взять быка за рогаRussian
- ta tjuren vid hornenSwedish
Get even more translations for take the bull by the horns »
Find a translation for the take the bull by the horns definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these take the bull by the horns definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"take the bull by the horns." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2017. Web. 26 Mar. 2017. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/take the bull by the horns>.