Definitions for take off
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word take off
depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off(verb)
"The family took off for Florida"
take away or remove
"Take that weight off me!"
take off, lift off(verb)
depart from the ground
"The plane took off two hours late"
take off, take time off(verb)
take time off from work; stop working temporarily
mimic or imitate in an amusing or satirical manner
"This song takes off from a famous aria"
"take off your shirt--it's very hot in here"
get off the ground, take off(verb)
get started or set in motion, used figuratively
"the project took a long time to get off the ground"
"The disease took off"
subtract, deduct, take off(verb)
make a subtraction
"subtract this amount from my paycheck"
To imitate, often in a satirical manner.
To leave the ground and begin flight; to ascend into the air.
To become successful, to flourish.
to absent oneself from work or other responsibility, especially with permission.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
They just take off and they do it.
I think we really need to take off the blinkers.
A woman has either something to put on or nothing to take off.
These were the same attributes in China that made Alibaba take off.
I can't see without glasses, i'm not going to take off my stinking glasses.
Images & Illustrations of take off
Translations for take off
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- зняць, здыма́цьBelarusian
- loslösen, ausziehen, startenGerman
- απογειώνομαι, βγάζωGreek
- despegar, quitarseSpanish
- ottaa pois, nousta, lähteä lentoon, pitää vapaataFinnish
- enlever, décoller, ôterFrench
- felszáll, levet, leveszHungarian
- togliere, decollareItalian
- 飛び立つ, 脱ぐJapanese
- си́мнува, поле́тува, тр́гнува, собле́кува, сле́куваMacedonian
- een vlucht nemenDutch
- ta avNorwegian
- levantar voo, decolar, descolar, tirarPortuguese
- a decolaRomanian
- снять, убира́ть, взлета́ть, убра́ть, взлете́ть, снима́тьRussian
- зніма́ти, зня́тиUkrainian
Get even more translations for take off »
Find a translation for the take off definition in other languages:
Select another language: