Definitions for tailgateˈteɪlˌgeɪt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word tailgate
a gate at the rear of a vehicle; can be lowered for loading
follow at a dangerously close distance
"it is dangerous to tailgate another vehicle"
A hinged board or hatch at the rear of a vehicle that can be lowered for loading and unloading; a tailboard.
The hinged rear door of a hatchback.
Either of the downstream gates in a canal lock.
To drive dangerously close behind another vehicle
That idiot has been tailgating me for the last five minutes.
To follow another person through access control on their access, rather than on oneu2019s own credentials. Especially when entering a door controlled by a card reader.
To privately purchase or sell a security immediately after trading in the same security for a client.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We didn't find out and it wasn't confirmed until my kids had already seen pictures of their dad dead on the tailgate of a truck.
Images & Illustrations of tailgate
Translations for tailgate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fahren ohne Sicherheitsabstand, drängeln, Heckklappe, dicht auffahrenGerman
- conducir muy cerca de otro vehículo, conducir pegado a, conducir sin distancia de seguridad, puerta trasera, chupar rueda, portónSpanish
- roikkua perässä, alaportti, perälautaFinnish
- clár deiridhIrish
- bumperkleven, laadklep, klevenDutch
- [[спускно́й]] [[шлюз]], [[не]] [[соблюсти́]] [[дистанция, [[за́дний]] [[откидно́й]] [[борт]], [[не]] [[соблюда́ть]] [[дистанцияRussian
Get even more translations for tailgate »
Find a translation for the tailgate definition in other languages:
Select another language: