Definitions for tablespoonˈteɪ bəlˌspun
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word tablespoon
as much as a tablespoon will hold
a spoon larger than a dessert spoon; used for serving
A large spoon, used for eating food from a bowl.
A spoon too large for eating, usually used for cooking or serving.
A unit of measure, equal to three teaspoons or roughly 15 milliliters in US, exactly 15 milliliters in Britain and Canada, equal to four teaspoons or 20 milliliters in Australia.
a spoon of the largest size commonly used at the table; -- distinguished from teaspoon, dessert spoon, etc
In the US and parts of Canada, a tablespoon is the largest type of spoon used for eating from a bowl. In the UK, Europe and most Commonwealth countries, a tablespoon is a type of large spoon usually used for serving. In countries where a tablespoon is a serving spoon, the nearest equivalent to the US tablespoon is either the dessert spoon or the soup spoon. A tablespoonful, nominally the capacity of one tablespoon, is commonly used as a measure of volume in cooking. It is abbreviated as T, tb, tbs, tbsp, tblsp, or tblspn. The capacity of ordinary tablespoons is not regulated by law and is subject to considerable variation. In the USA one tablespoon is approximately 15 mL; the capacity of an actual tablespoon ranges from 7 mL to 14 mL. In Australia one tablespoon is 20 mL.
Translations for tablespoon
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- polévková lžíce, lžíceCzech
- spiseske, spiseskefuld, grydeskeDanish
- Kochlöffel, EsslöffelGerman
- κουταλιά της σούπας, κουτάλα, κουταλιά, κουτάλι σούπας, κουτάλιGreek
- cuchara de sopa, cucharada, cucharaSpanish
- ruokalusikka, ruokalusikallinenFinnish
- louche, cuiller à pot, cuiller à soupe, grande cuillerFrench
- spúnóg mhórIrish
- spàin-bhùirdScottish Gaelic
- cucchiaio da tavola, cucchiaiataItalian
- 大さじ, スプーン, テーブルスプーン, さじJapanese
- IessläffelLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- valgomasis šaukštasLithuanian
- eetlepel, soeplepelDutch
- łyżka stołowa, łyżkaPolish
- colher de sopa, colherPortuguese
- суповая ложка, столовая ложка, ложкаRussian
- жлица, лижка, кашика, kašika, žlica, ližkaSerbo-Croatian
- muỗng canhVietnamese
Get even more translations for tablespoon »
Find a translation for the tablespoon definition in other languages:
Select another language: