Definitions for suspicioussəˈspɪʃ əs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word suspicious
leery, mistrustful, suspicious, untrusting, wary(adj)
openly distrustful and unwilling to confide
fishy, funny, shady, suspect, suspicious(adj)
not as expected
"there was something fishy about the accident"; "up to some funny business"; "some definitely queer goings-on"; "a shady deal"; "her motives were suspect"; "suspicious behavior"
His suspicious behaviour brought him to the attention of the police.
distrustful or tending to suspect.
I have a suspicious attitude to get-rich-quick schemes.
She gave me a suspicious look.
inclined to suspect; given or prone to suspicion; apt to imagine without proof
indicating suspicion, mistrust, or fear
liable to suspicion; adapted to raise suspicion; giving reason to imagine ill; questionable; as, an author of suspicious innovations; suspicious circumstances
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'suspicious' in Adjectives Frequency: #813
The numerical value of suspicious in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of suspicious in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Be suspicious, but do not believe the opposite.
I was suspicious of all of the people around me.
I was a little suspicious because he was a 'Star Trek' guy.
A suspicious mind always looks on the black side of things.
If there's anyone suspicious entering the courtyard, then they know.
Images & Illustrations of suspicious
Translations for suspicious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- suspicaç, sospitósCatalan, Valencian
- podezřívavý, podezíravý, podezřelýCzech
- misstrauisch, verdächtigGerman
- suspicaz, sospechoso, desconfiadoSpanish
- epäilyttävä, epäluuloinen, epäileväFinnish
- avec méfiance, suspectFrench
- amharasachScottish Gaelic
- curiga, mencurigakanIndonesian
- ambiguo, diffidente, losco, sospettosoItalian
- 怪しい, 怪しむよう, 不審, 疑いのJapanese
- hihira, tūpato, matakanaMāori
- сомничав, сомнителенMacedonian
- desconfiado, suspeitoPortuguese
- dubios, suspicios, suspectRomanian
Get even more translations for suspicious »
Find a translation for the suspicious definition in other languages:
Select another language: