Definitions for summer solstice
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word summer solstice
summer solstice, June 21, midsummer(noun)
June 21, when the sun is at its northernmost point
The moment when the Earth is in that point of its orbit where the northern or southern hemisphere is most inclined toward the sun.
Summer Solstice is a 1971 album by Maddy Prior and Tim Hart. The album was recorded after the duo had joined Steeleye Span. The songs are mostly pastoral, with subtle understated instrumental accompaniment. Also issued on CD in 1991 on the Shanachie label. Original cover shown, catalogue number: Crest 12.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
On every June 21, the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, I remember this unforgettable line from Albert Camus: 'In the depth of Winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible Summer.' It's true that we often discover our true strength only during the most challenging phases of life. We must keep alive and rekindled that divine spark of Stregth that is always within us, invincible and indestructible, as we welcome Summer on June 21 every year.
Translations for summer solstice
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- лятно слънцестоенеBulgarian
- solstici d'estiuCatalan, Valencian
- θερινό ηλιοστάσιοGreek
- somera solsticoEsperanto
- solstice d'étéFrench
- grianstad an tsamhraidhIrish
- grian-stad an t-samhraidh, grian-stad samhraidhScottish Gaelic
- sumarsólstöður, sumarsólhvörfIcelandic
- 하지, 夏至Korean
- sommarsolkverv, sumarsolkvervNorwegian Nynorsk
- jóhonaaʼéí tʼą́ą́ʼ ńdeesdzą́, shį́įgo shá ninádááhNavajo, Navaho
- solstício de verãoPortuguese
- solstițiu de varăRomanian
- летнее солнцестояниеRussian
- dugodnevnica, дугодневница, дугодневица, dugodnevicaSerbo-Croatian
- 夏至, hè chíVietnamese
Get even more translations for summer solstice »
Find a translation for the summer solstice definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these summer solstice definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"summer solstice." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 10 Feb. 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/summer solstice>.