Definitions for struggleˈstrʌg əl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word struggle
an energetic attempt to achieve something
"getting through the crowd was a real struggle"; "he fought a battle for recognition"
conflict, struggle, battle(noun)
an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals)
"the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph"--Thomas Paine; "police tried to control the battle between the pro- and anti-abortion mobs"
"the struggle to get through the crowd exhausted her"
make a strenuous or labored effort
"She struggled for years to survive without welfare"; "He fought for breath"
to exert strenuous effort against opposition
"he struggled to get free from the rope"
clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter(verb)
climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
contend, fight, struggle(verb)
be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight
"the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
strife, contention, great effort
to strive, to labour in difficulty, to fight (for or against), to contend.
During the centuries, the people of Ireland struggled constantly to assert their right to govern themselves.
to strive, or to make efforts, with a twisting, or with contortions of the body
to use great efforts; to labor hard; to strive; to contend forcibly; as, to struggle to save one's life; to struggle with the waves; to struggle with adversity
to labor in pain or anguish; to be in agony; to labor in any kind of difficulty or distress
a violent effort or efforts with contortions of the body; agony; distress
great labor; forcible effort to obtain an object, or to avert an evil
contest; contention; strife
Struggle is the first album released by the four-piece alternative metal music group, Nonpoint. It was released through the now defunct independent label, Jugular Records. Several of the songs were later re-used on the band's next album, Statement. The album was reissued under the title Separate Yourself: The Beginning 1997-1998 and is still available for purchase either at concerts or via the band's website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'struggle' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2711
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'struggle' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4009
Rank popularity for the word 'struggle' in Nouns Frequency: #1040
Rank popularity for the word 'struggle' in Verbs Frequency: #496
Images & Illustrations of struggle
Translations for struggle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- كفاح, كافح, نضال, النArabic
- змаганне, бітва, змагацца, біцца, бой, барацьбаBelarusian
- боря, битка, бия, борбаBulgarian
- lluitaCatalan, Valencian
- zápasit, boj, zápas, bitvaCzech
- kamp, kæmpeDanish
- tun, Kampf, durchbeißenGerman
- esforzarse con denuedo, lucha, lucharSpanish
- پیکار, کلنجارPersian
- kamppailla, taistelu, ponnistellaFinnish
- lutte, combattre, s'efforcer, lutterFrench
- iomairtScottish Gaelic
- viaskodik, harcol, küzdelem, küzdHungarian
- lotta, lottareItalian
- 闘争, 奮闘Japanese
- خهبات, تێکۆشانKurdish
- takaoraoratanga, tāruketanga, oke, hōkariri, takaoraora, tāruke, okeoke, tawhetatanga, parawhetawheta, nonoke, nonoketangaMāori
- борба, бориMacedonian
- gevecht, moeite hebben met, strijd, worstelen, vechtenDutch
- streve, kjempe, slåss, sliteNorwegian
- bój, walka, bić, bitwa, walczyćPolish
- debater-se, luta, lutarPortuguese
- zbate, luptaRomanian
- битва, бороться, биться, бой, сражаться, борьба, дратьсяRussian
- битка, boj, борба, bitka, borba, boriti, бој, боритиSerbo-Croatian
- bitka, biť, zápas, bojovať, bojSlovak
- borba, boriti, bojSlovene
- kamp, kämpaSwedish
- mücadele etmekTurkish
- битися, боротьба, битва, боротися, бійUkrainian
Get even more translations for struggle »
Find a translation for the struggle definition in other languages:
Select another language: