Definitions for somehowˈsʌmˌhaʊ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word somehow
somehow, someway, someways, in some way, in some manner(adverb)
in some unspecified way or manner; or by some unspecified means
"they managed somehow"; "he expected somehow to discover a woman who would love him"; "he tried to make is someway acceptable"
for some unspecified reason
"It doesn't seem fair somehow"; "he had me dead to rights but somehow I got away with it";
In one way or another; in some way not yet known or designated; by some means; as, the thing must be done somehow; he lives somehow.
in one way or another; in some way not yet known or designated; by some means; as, the thing must be done somehow; he lives somehow
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'somehow' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2378
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'somehow' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2031
Rank popularity for the word 'somehow' in Adverbs Frequency: #184
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Somehow this has become routine.
I can feel that he's still here, somehow.
Maybe he is interested somehow but we are not aware.
Somehow my missing that has made everything my fault.
Somehow she got up to them and decided they looked tasty.
Translations for somehow
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- de alguna manera, de algún modoSpanish
- jotenkuten, jotenkinFinnish
- d'une façon ou d'une autreFrench
- valahogy, valahogyanHungarian
- 何とか, なぜかJapanese
- op een of andere manier, eenderhoeDutch
- [[por]] [[algum]] [[meio]], [[de]] [[algum]] [[jeito]], [[de]] [[alguma]] [[forma]]/[[maneira]]Portuguese
- как-нибудь, как-то, почему-тоRussian
- некако, nekakoSerbo-Croatian
- på ett eller annat sätt, på något sättSwedish
- ఎలాగోలా, ఏదోరకంగాTelugu
Get even more translations for somehow »
Find a translation for the somehow definition in other languages:
Select another language: