a political advocate of socialism
advocating or following the socialist principles
One who practices or advocates socialism.
Of, promoting, practicing, or characteristic of socialism.
A member of a party or political group that advocates socialism.
Of, belonging to, or constituting a party or political group that advocates socialism.
one who advocates or practices the doctrines of socialism
alt. of Socialistic
Origin: [Cf. F. socialiste.]
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. A person easily peeved. 2. In economics, a school of thought founded by Cain. 3. A man who, so far as he himself is concerned, considers a thing done when he has suggested it.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'socialist' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3026
Rank popularity for the word 'socialist' in Adjectives Frequency: #415
The numerical value of socialist in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of socialist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It is a socialist idea that making profits is a vice. I consider the real vice is making losses.
The man who is not a socialist at twenty has no heart, but if he is still a socialist at forty he has no head.
The substance of the eminent Socialist gentleman's speech is that making a profit is a sin, but it is my belief that the real sin is taking a loss.
It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.
There's probably a significant number of people out there who hear the word 'socialist' and don't understand the difference between socialist and democratic socialist and that's a barrier for them.
Images & Illustrations of socialist
Translations for socialist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- اِشْتِرَاكِيّ, اِشْتِرَاكِيَّةArabic
- socialistaCatalan, Valencian
- socialistický, socialistaCzech
- sozialistisch, Sozialistin, SozialistGerman
- σοσιαλιστής, σοσιαλιστικόςGreek
- socialisto, socialismaEsperanto
- سوسیالیستی, سوسیالیستPersian
- sosialistinen, sosialistiFinnish
- סוציאליסטית, סוציאליסטיHebrew
- socialiste, socialist, socialistische, socialistischDutch
- socjalistyczny, socjalistaPolish
- социалисти́ческий, социали́ст, социали́сткаRussian
- socialistisk, socialistSwedish
- соціалі́ст, соціалі́сткаUkrainian
- xã hội chủ nghĩa, 社會主義Vietnamese
- sogädiman, hisogädiman, jisogädiman, sogädimikVolapük
Get even more translations for socialist »
Find a translation for the socialist definition in other languages:
Select another language: