Definitions for sobsɒb
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word sob
shortness of breath, SOB, breathlessness(noun)
a dyspneic condition
asshole, bastard, cocksucker, dickhead, shit, mother fucker, motherfucker, prick, whoreson, son of a bitch, SOB(noun)
insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
convulsive gasp made while weeping
"He was sobbing inconsolably"
son of a bitch
shortness of breath
a cry with a short, sudden expulsion of breath.
to weep with convulsive gasps.
to say (something) while sobbing.
"He doesn't love me!" she sobbed.
to sigh with a sudden heaving of the breast, or with a kind of convulsive motion; to sigh with tears, and with a convulsive drawing in of the breath
the act of sobbing; a convulsive sigh, or inspiration of the breath, as in sorrow
any sorrowful cry or sound
Origin: [See Sop.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I really don't want to get blown up by them SOB's.
The SOB, Joseph Vaccaro, got a life sentence, and Joseph Vaccaro's been four years and they haven't fried Willie's ass yet. We've been waiting and waiting for justice to be done. All you hear about these days is the rights of the criminal. What about our rights ? Don't we have a right to see this chapter closed ?
Images & Illustrations of sob
Translations for sob
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- sollozar, sollozoSpanish
- nyyhkyttää, nyyhkäys, nyyhkytysFinnish
- sanglot, sangloterFrench
- zokogás, zokogHungarian
- stynja upp, stynja, snökta, ekkasog, ekki, snökkt, andvarp, gráta, andvarpa, segja frá með ekkaIcelandic
- singhiozzare, singhiozzoItalian
- snik, snotteren, snikkenDutch
- szlochać, łkanie, łkaćPolish
- sangluot, singlot, singlouotar, sanglutter, sanglut, singlut, singluotRomansh
- рыдание, всхлипывание, всхлипывать, рыдать, всхлипнутьRussian
- jȅcāj, је̏ца̄јSerbo-Croatian
- snyftning, snyftSwedish
Get even more translations for sob »
Find a translation for the sob definition in other languages:
Select another language: