Definitions for snacksnæk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word snack
bite, collation, snack(verb)
a light informal meal
eat a snack; eat lightly
"She never loses weight because she snacks between meals"
a light meal
an item of food eaten between meals
to eat a light meal
to eat between meals
a share; a part or portion; -- obsolete, except in the colloquial phrase, to go snacks, i. e., to share
a slight, hasty repast
Origin: [See Snatch, v. t.]
A small amount of food eaten between meals.
I do like to snack at intervals during the day rather than eat a meal.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It has a lot of sugar in it, so we would keep this as a snack.
Some of the drinks can average almost 400 calories per 16 ounces, so this is fine if you are missing a meal, but not so great as a snack.
It’s an unlimited buffet so babies self-regulate when they breastfeed. They’re not going to overfeed or underfeed but sometimes they want a snack.
Growing up in Lebanon, we ate yogurt for breakfast, we ate it as a snack, we ate it for dinner, when I think of yogurt, I don’t associate it with sweets the way most Americans do.
Seeing what the parents eat, that makes a big impact, keep your kitchen stocked with healthy options. It's hard when you go to the kitchen to get something to eat and the things that you see are all of these snack foods that are filled with fat and salt and calories.
Images & Illustrations of snack
Translations for snack
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- وجبة خفيفةArabic
- Imbiss, Jause, jausnen, Happen, Snack, ZwischenmahlzeitGerman
- manĝeti, kolaziono, manĝetoEsperanto
- botana, piquislabis, tentempié, refrigerio, refacción, bala fría, mecatear, bocado, piscolabis, picarSpanish
- pikkupurtava, napostella, välipalaFinnish
- casse-croûte, grignoter, hors-d'œuvre, goûter, grignotageFrench
- spuntino, merendinaItalian
- 軽食, おやつ, 間食する, スナック, 間食Japanese
- ужина, закускаMacedonian
- naalghazhíNavajo, Navaho
- закусить, перекусывать, перекусить, закуска, перекус, закусыватьRussian
- užina, zakuskaSerbo-Croatian
- mellanmål, fikaSwedish
- çerez, atıştırmalık, atıştırmakTurkish
Get even more translations for snack »
Find a translation for the snack definition in other languages:
Select another language: