Definitions for snacksnæk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word snack
bite, collation, snack(verb)
a light informal meal
eat a snack; eat lightly
"She never loses weight because she snacks between meals"
a light meal
an item of food eaten between meals
to eat a light meal
to eat between meals
a share; a part or portion; -- obsolete, except in the colloquial phrase, to go snacks, i. e., to share
a slight, hasty repast
Origin: [See Snatch, v. t.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
snak, n. a share: a slight, hasty meal.—v.t. to snatch, to bite: to share. [A form of snatch.]
A small amount of food eaten between meals.
I do like to snack at intervals during the day rather than eat a meal.
A type of food and food product created and processed in various food colors, flavors, ingredients, recipes, shapes, sizes and substances.
There are a variety of snack foods on the market to choose from.
To eat a portion of food.
I love to snack rather than eat a meal as I am the only person living in my house.
The numerical value of snack in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of snack in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It has a lot of sugar in it, so we would keep this as a snack.
They were dissatisfied with the content of the breakfast snack.
I had one on the way here, it’s hot out, so they’re the perfect on-the-go snack to stay cool.
Some of the drinks can average almost 400 calories per 16 ounces, so this is fine if you are missing a meal, but not so great as a snack.
It’s an unlimited buffet so babies self-regulate when they breastfeed. They’re not going to overfeed or underfeed but sometimes they want a snack.
Images & Illustrations of snack
Translations for snack
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- وجبة خفيفةArabic
- Imbiss, Jause, jausnen, Happen, Snack, ZwischenmahlzeitGerman
- manĝeti, kolaziono, manĝetoEsperanto
- botana, piquislabis, tentempié, refrigerio, refacción, bala fría, mecatear, bocado, piscolabis, picarSpanish
- pikkupurtava, napostella, välipalaFinnish
- casse-croûte, grignoter, hors-d'œuvre, goûter, grignotageFrench
- spuntino, merendinaItalian
- 軽食, おやつ, 間食する, スナック, 間食Japanese
- ужина, закускаMacedonian
- naalghazhíNavajo, Navaho
- закусить, перекусывать, перекусить, закуска, перекус, закусыватьRussian
- užina, zakuskaSerbo-Croatian
- mellanmål, fikaSwedish
- çerez, atıştırmalık, atıştırmakTurkish
Get even more translations for snack »
Find a translation for the snack definition in other languages:
Select another language: