Definitions for slushslʌʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word slush
partially melted snow
splash, splosh, slosh, slush(verb)
make a splashing sound
"water was splashing on the floor"
slosh, slush, slosh around, slush around(verb)
spill or splash copiously or clumsily
"slosh paint all over the walls"
Half-melted snow or ice
As the skiing season drew to an end, there was nothing but slush left on the piste.
Liquid mud or mire
flavored shaved ice served as a drink
To smear with slushy liquid or grease.
To slosh or splash; to move as, or through, a slushy or liquid substance.
To paint with a mixture of white lead and lime.
a mixture of snow and water; half-melted snow
a soft mixture of grease and other materials, used for lubrication
the refuse grease and fat collected in cooking, especially on shipboard
a mixture of white lead and lime, with which the bright parts of machines, such as the connecting rods of steamboats, are painted to be preserved from oxidation
to smear with slush or grease; as, to slush a mast
to paint with a mixture of white lead and lime
Origin: [Cf. Sw. slaska to paddle in water, slask wet, filth.]
Images & Illustrations of slush
Translations for slush
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Slush, Schneematsch, Matsch, Slusheis, Slush EisGerman
- nieve semiderretida, nieve fangasa, nieve a medio derretirSpanish
- loska, muta, jäähilejuomaFinnish
- neige fondue, barbotine, névasse, gadoueFrench
- hólé, latyak, lucsokHungarian
- krap, slabbIcelandic
- 泥濘, スラッシュJapanese
- sørpeNorwegian Nynorsk
- slaps, sørpeNorwegian
- lama de neve, lamaPortuguese
- слякоть, снеговая каша, жижа, снежура, шуга, слашRussian
- бљу̏згавица, bljȕzgavicaSerbo-Croatian
- limonáda, čľapkanica, slaďák, blatoSlovak
- modd, slaskSwedish
Get even more translations for slush »
Find a translation for the slush definition in other languages:
Select another language: