propels bright light high in the sky, or used to propel a lifesaving line or harpoon
sends a firework display high into the sky
shoot up abruptly, like a rocket
To rise rapidly; -- usually used figuratively, as of prices.
a type of firework that uses a solid rocket motor to rise quickly into the sky where it emits a variety of effects such as stars, bangs, crackles, etc.
a rebuke, a scolding.
To increase suddenly and extremely; to shoot up; to surge or spike.
The shortage caused prices to skyrocket.
a rocket that ascends high and burns as it flies; a species of fireworks
A skyrocket is a type of firework that uses a solid rocket motor to rise quickly into the sky. At the apex of its ascent, it is usual for a variety of effects to be emitted. Sky rockets use various stabilisation techniques to ensure the flight follows a predictable course, often a long stick attached to the side of the motor, but also including spin-stabilisation or fins.
The numerical value of skyrocket in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of skyrocket in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The amount of travelers will skyrocket with direct flights.
It is Hungary's basic interest to operate, sustain and potentially expand the nuclear power plant, or else the price of electricity will skyrocket. Paks equals cheap electricity, so the Hungarian government will execute the investment.
Imagine for a second you're Hillary Clinton, you're trying to think, 'How do I run?' Well you can't run on the economy because we have the lowest percentage of Americans working any year since 1977. You can't run on Obamacare because millions of people have lost their jobs, lost their health care, lost their doctors, seen their premiums skyrocket. You certainly can't run on foreign policy because every country you touched as secretary of state is a disaster.
Images & Illustrations of skyrocket
Translations for skyrocket
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- vyletět nahoruCzech
- explodieren, hochschnellen, Feuerwerksrakete, emporschnellenGerman
- ilotulitusraketti, tykitys, täyslaidallinenFinnish
- grimper en flèche, volée de bois vert, fusée d'artifice, Scud, monter en flèche, exploserFrench
- eldflaug, rakettaIcelandic
- 暴騰, ロケット花火, 狼煙, 急騰Japanese
- ir às alturas, elevar-se às alturasPortuguese
- взлетать, взмыть, сигнальная ракета, взмывать, подскочить, подскакивать, взлететьRussian
- одлетети у небеса, odletjeti u nebesa, одлетјети у небеса, odleteti u nebesaSerbo-Croatian
- stiga våldsamt, skjuta i höjdenSwedish
Get even more translations for skyrocket »
Find a translation for the skyrocket definition in other languages:
Select another language: