Definitions for scrapskræp
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word scrap
bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap(noun)
a small fragment of something broken off from the whole
"a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
rubbish, trash, scrap(noun)
worthless material that is to be disposed of
a small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used
"she jotted it on a scrap of paper"; "there was not a scrap left"
fight, fighting, combat, scrap(verb)
the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
"a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
trash, junk, scrap(verb)
dispose of (something useless or old)
"trash these old chairs"; "junk an old car"; "scrap your old computer"
quarrel, dispute, scrap, argufy, altercate(verb)
have a disagreement over something
"We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America"; "These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
make into scrap or refuse
"scrap the old airplane and sell the parts"
A fight, tussle, skirmish.
We got in a little scrap over who should pay the bill.
Origin: scrappe, from skrap, from skrapa.
something scraped off; hence, a small piece; a bit; a fragment; a detached, incomplete portion
specifically, a fragment of something written or printed; a brief excerpt; an unconnected extract
the crisp substance that remains after drying out animal fat; as, pork scraps
same as Scrap iron, below
Origin: [OE. scrappe, fr. Icel. skrap trifle, cracking. See Scrape, v. t.]
Scrap consists of recyclable materials left over from product manufacturing and consumption, such as parts of vehicles, building supplies, and surplus materials. Unlike waste, scrap can have significant monetary value.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'scrap' in Nouns Frequency: #3012
Translations for scrap
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- يتخلى, شجار, نبذArabic
- útržek, zbytky, šrotCzech
- Essensrest, Stückchen, Altmetall, Schrott, Speiserest, wegwerfen, verschrotten, Altmaterial, Fetzen, Rest, Abfall, abwrackenGerman
- resto, sobras, achatarrar, restos, chatarra, desguazarSpanish
- tilkku, nahina, ruoantähteet, romu, jätteet, palanen, nujakka, tähteet, romuttaa, tapella, hylätä, nahistellaFinnish
- bout, reste, bribe, litige, ferrailleFrench
- buineagScottish Gaelic
- resto, avanzo, ferraglia, pezzo, frammentoItalian
- かけら, 断片, くず鉄, 屑鉄, 食べ残し, スクラップJapanese
- pakopako, parakaiMāori
- bójka, urywek, wyrzucić, kawałek, resztki, złom, wyrzucaćPolish
- sucata, apara, retalho, restosPortuguese
- объедок, кусочек, клочок, металлолом, железный лом, лоскуток, остаток, очистки, обрывокRussian
Get even more translations for scrap »
Find a translation for the scrap definition in other languages:
Select another language: