understanding, apprehension, discernment, savvy(verb)
the cognitive condition of someone who understands
"he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend(verb)
get the meaning of something
"Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
shrewd, well-informed and perceptive.
Do you understand?
Origin: Alteration of sabi (in English-based creoles and pidgins), from or sabe, from saber, from sapere.
Savvy is a 2008 children's fantasy novel by Ingrid Law aimed at children aged nine to twelve years. The American Library Association named Savvy a 2009 Newbery Honor Book.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
Savvey, sav′i, v.t. to know: to understand.—v.i. to possess knowledge.—n. general ability. [Sp. sabe—saber, to know—L. sapĕre, to be wise.]
Song lyrics by savvy -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by savvy on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of savvy in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of savvy in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Images & Illustrations of savvy
Translations for savvy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- schnallen, verstehen, kapiert?, kapieren, schlau, clever, klugGerman
- sabio, comprensiónSpanish
- fiksu, älykäsFinnish
- futé, malin, jugeoteFrench
- सामान्य बुद्धिHindi
- astuto, furbo, comprendonioItalian
- sacou?, saber, sábio, experientePortuguese
- смыслящий, продвинутый, врубающийся, кумекающий, соображающийRussian
- umješan, умјешан, informiran, информиранSerbo-Croatian
- smart, slugSwedish
- idrak etmek, çaktın, akıllı, kurnaz, kavramakTurkish
Get even more translations for savvy »
Find a translation for the savvy definition in other languages:
Select another language: