Definitions for safe and sound
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word safe and sound
safe and sound, unhurt(adj)
free from danger or injury
"the children were found safe and sound"
safe and sound(Adjective)
Having come to no harm, especially after being exposed to danger.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He is safe and sound, we know Mullah Mansour and his men are now spreading rumors about his killing as they suffered heavy losses at the hands of Mansoor Dadullah and his fighters in Zabul.
Our events are dependent on the weather not only during the three-day event but also we're depending on about eight weeks of weather leading up to the event just to set up the ice and freeze it and get to the point that it is safe and sound.
Translations for safe and sound
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- wohlbehalten, ganz und heilGerman
- σώος και αβλαβήςGreek
- sanigita kaj savitaEsperanto
- sano y salvoSpanish
- turvassa, kunnossaFinnish
- saine et sauve, sain et saufFrench
- san e salveInterlingua
- heilu og höldnu, klakklaust, heill á húfiIcelandic
- indenne, incolume, sano e salvo, sana e salvaItalian
- ساغ و سهلیمKurdish
- sani salviqueLatin
- sveikas ir gyvasLithuanian
- veilig en welDutch
- cała i zdrowa, cały i zdrowyPolish
- são e salvo, sã e salvaPortuguese
- sănătos, teafăr și nevătămat, teafărRomanian
- в целости и сохранности, целый и невредимыйRussian
- živý a zdravý, živá a zdraváSlovak
Get even more translations for safe and sound »
Find a translation for the safe and sound definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these safe and sound definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"safe and sound." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 11 Feb. 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/safe and sound>.