Definitions for ruderud
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word rude
ill-mannered, bad-mannered, rude, unmannered, unmannerly(adj)
socially incorrect in behavior
"resentment flared at such an unmannered intrusion"
ill-bred, bounderish, lowbred, rude, underbred, yokelish(adj)
(of persons) lacking in refinement or grace
lacking civility or good manners
"want nothing from you but to get away from your uncivil tongue"- Willa Cather
natural, raw(a), rude(a)(adj)
(used especially of commodities) being unprocessed or manufactured using only simple or minimal processes
"natural yogurt"; "natural produce"; "raw wool"; "raw sugar"; "bales of rude cotton"
crude, primitive, rude(adj)
belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness
"the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains"
Obscene, pornographic, offensive.
Undeveloped, unskilled, basic.
Hearty, vigorous; .
characterized by roughness; umpolished; raw; lacking delicacy or refinement; coarse
unformed by taste or skill; not nicely finished; not smoothed or polished; -- said especially of material things; as, rude workmanship
of untaught manners; unpolished; of low rank; uncivil; clownish; ignorant; raw; unskillful; -- said of persons, or of conduct, skill, and the like
violent; tumultuous; boisterous; inclement; harsh; severe; -- said of the weather, of storms, and the like; as, the rude winter
barbarous; fierce; bloody; impetuous; -- said of war, conflict, and the like; as, the rude shock of armies
not finished or complete; inelegant; lacking chasteness or elegance; not in good taste; unsatisfactory in mode of treatment; -- said of literature, language, style, and the like
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. (of a program) Badly written. 2. Functionally poor, e.g., a program that is very difficult to use because of gratuitously poor (random?) design decisions. Oppose cuspy. 3. Anything that manipulates a shared resource without regard for its other users in such a way as to cause a (non-fatal) problem. Examples: programs that change tty modes without resetting them on exit, or windowing programs that keep forcing themselves to the top of the window stack.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'rude' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2914
Rank popularity for the word 'rude' in Adjectives Frequency: #1025
Images & Illustrations of rude
Translations for rude
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- غير مهذبArabic
- rude, robust, bast, obscèCatalan, Valencian
- uforskammet, fræk, uhøflig, grov, vulgær, sjofelDanish
- frech, unhöflich, grob, unverschämtGerman
- rudo, groseroSpanish
- rõve, jämeEstonian
- tyly, rivo, karkeatekoinen, töykeä, moukkamainen, karkea, karkeatapainenFinnish
- impoli, malpoli, grossierFrench
- oscena, rude, offensivo, maleducatoItalian
- 失礼, 無礼Japanese
- importunūs, inhūmānus, inconditus, insolens, rudisLatin
- grov, stygg, rå, ubehøvlet, uforskammetNorwegian
- شډل, بدمخیPashto, Pushto
- неотёсанный, неприличный, невежливый, крепкий, пошлый, сырой, грубыйRussian
- nepristojan, drzakSerbo-Croatian
- oförskämd, ohövligSwedish
Get even more translations for rude »
Find a translation for the rude definition in other languages:
Select another language: