Definitions for rubbishˈrʌb ɪʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word rubbish
rubbish, trash, scrap(noun)
worthless material that is to be disposed of
folderol, rubbish, tripe, trumpery, trash, wish-wash, applesauce, codswallop(verb)
nonsensical talk or writing
Garbage, junk, refuse, waste.
The rubbish is collected every Thursday in Gloucester, but on Wednesdays in Cheltenham.
Everything the teacher said during that lesson was rubbish. How can she possibly think that a bass viol and a cello are the same thing?
To denounce, to criticise, to denigrate, to disparage.
Exceedingly bad; awful; terrible; crappy.
This has been a rubbish day, and it's about to get worse: my mother-in-law is coming to stay.
Expresses that something is exceedingly bad, terrible or awful.
Expresses that what was recently said is untruth or nonsense.
Rubbish! I did nothing of the sort!
waste or rejected matter; anything worthless; valueless stuff; trash; especially, fragments of building materials or fallen buildings; ruins; debris
of or pertaining to rubbish; of the quality of rubbish; trashy
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'rubbish' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1299
Rank popularity for the word 'rubbish' in Nouns Frequency: #1685
Translations for rubbish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- odpadky, nesmyslCzech
- Abfall, Quatsch, Müll, Unsinn, BlödsinnGerman
- τρίχες, σκουπίδιαGreek
- pahus, roskat, roskaaFinnish
- décombres, ordures, déchets, absurdités, n'importe quoi, inepties, pourriFrench
- bruscar, ráiméisIrish
- sgudalScottish Gaelic
- assurdità, cretinata, spazzatura, sciocchezza, immondizia, corbelleria, schifezza, rifiutiItalian
- ガラクタ, ゴミ, くだらない, 屑, ばかばかしい, クズ, こき下ろす, 酷評, 廃品Japanese
- 汚物, 쓰레기, 오물Korean
- meho, parahangaMāori
- onzin, afval, vuilnisDutch
- avfall, søppel, bossNorwegian
- tsʼiilzéíNavajo, Navaho
- horrível, criticar, besteira, asneira, porcaria, lixoPortuguese
- хлам, ерунда, мусор, чепухаRussian
Get even more translations for rubbish »
Find a translation for the rubbish definition in other languages:
Select another language: