Definitions for relinquishrɪˈlɪŋ kwɪʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word relinquish
release, relinquish, resign, free, give up(verb)
part with a possession or right
"I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
waive, relinquish, forgo, forego, foreswear, dispense with(verb)
do without or cease to hold or adhere to
"We are dispensing with formalities"; "relinquish the old ideas"
foreswear, renounce, quit, relinquish(verb)
turn away from; give up
"I am foreswearing women forever"
let go of, let go, release, relinquish(verb)
release, as from one's grip
"Let go of the door handle, please!"; "relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
To give up, abandon or retire from something.
To let go (free, away), physically release.
To metaphorically surrender, yield control or possession.
To accept to give up, withdraw etc.
The delegations saved the negotiations by relinquishing their incompatible claims to sole jurisdiction
Origin: From relinquisshen, from the inflected stem of relinquir, from relinquere, itself, from re- + linquere
to withdraw from; to leave behind; to desist from; to abandon; to quit; as, to relinquish a pursuit
to give up; to renounce a claim to; resign; as, to relinquish a debt
Images & Illustrations of relinquish
Translations for relinquish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Verzicht leisten, überlassen, aufgeben, verzichten, abtreten, verlassenGerman
- renunciar, desistirSpanish
- luovuttaa, luopuaFinnish
- renoncer, abandonnerFrench
- liberare, rilasciare, cedere, consegnarsi, lasciare andare, ritirare, rinunciare, ritirarsi, consegnare, abbandonare, desistereItalian
- loslaten, verzaken, opgeven, [[verzaken]] ([[ann]]), vrijlatenDutch
- å gi oppNorwegian
- prepustiti, odstupiti, ustupitiSerbo-Croatian
- vazgeçmek, bırakmak, terk etmek, el çekmek, elini çekmekTurkish
Get even more translations for relinquish »
Find a translation for the relinquish definition in other languages:
Select another language: