Definitions for recount
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word recount
an additional (usually a second) count; especially of the votes in a close election
tell, narrate, recount, recite(verb)
narrate or give a detailed account of
"Tell what happened"; "The father told a story to his child"
"We had to recount all the votes after an accusation of fraud was made"
A counting again, as of votes.
To count or reckon again.
To tell over; to relate in detail; to recite; to tell or narrate the particulars of; to rehearse; to enumerate; as, to recount one's blessings.
to count or reckon again
a counting again, as of votes
to tell over; to relate in detail; to recite; to tell or narrate the particulars of; to rehearse; to enumerate; as, to recount one's blessings
Origin: [Pref. re- + count.]
Recount is a 2008 television film about the 2000 United States presidential election. The political drama was written by Danny Strong, directed by Jay Roach, and produced by Kevin Spacey, who also stars in the film. It premiered on HBO on May 25, 2008. The DVD was released on August 19, 2008.
Images & Illustrations of recount
Translations for recount
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- erzählen, berichtenGerman
- tilittää, [[ketoa, kertoa, tarkistuslaskenta, [[laskea]] [[uudestaan]]Finnish
- raconter, recompterFrench
- ath-chunntadhScottish Gaelic
- aachoont, aachoearroo, aachoonteyManx
- 再集計, 物語る, 詳述Japanese
- recontar, recontagemPortuguese
- рассказать, пересказ, пересчёт, рассказывать, пересказывать, пересчитывать, рассказ, пересказать, пересчитать, изложение, излагать, изложитьRussian
Get even more translations for recount »
Find a translation for the recount definition in other languages:
Select another language: