Definitions for recount
an additional (usually a second) count; especially of the votes in a close election
tell, narrate, recount, recite(verb)
narrate or give a detailed account of
"Tell what happened"; "The father told a story to his child"
"We had to recount all the votes after an accusation of fraud was made"
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
to count again
They're recounting the votes.
to describe sth that happened
He recounted the events that led to the fight.
the act of counting again
a recount of the votes
A counting again, as of votes.
To count or reckon again.
To tell over; to relate in detail; to recite; to tell or narrate the particulars of; to rehearse; to enumerate; as, to recount one's blessings.
to count or reckon again
a counting again, as of votes
to tell over; to relate in detail; to recite; to tell or narrate the particulars of; to rehearse; to enumerate; as, to recount one's blessings
Recount is a 2008 television film about the 2000 United States presidential election. The political drama was written by Danny Strong, directed by Jay Roach, and produced by Kevin Spacey, who also stars in the film. It premiered on HBO on May 25, 2008. The DVD was released on August 19, 2008.
Translations for recount
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
to tell (a story etc) in detail
He recounted his adventures.
- يُعيدُ سَرْد القِصَّهArabic
- narrarPortuguese (BR)
- podrobně vylíčitCzech
- im einzelnen erzählenGerman
- αφηγούμαι, εξιστορώ με λεπτομέρειεςGreek
- با جزئیات شرح دادنFarsi
- kertoa yksityiskohtaisestiFinnish
- बयान करनाHindi
- potanko ispričatiCroatian
- segja fráIcelandic
- narrare, raccontareItalian
- 자세히 말하다Korean
- smulkiai nupasakotiLithuanian
- sīki izklāstīt; uzskaitītLatvian
- berette/fortelle utførlig omNorwegian
- (szczegółowo) opowiedziećPolish
- با جزئیات شرح دادنPersian
- حال ويل، بيانول، نكل كولPashto
- a povestiRomanian
- подробно рассказыватьRussian
- podrobne opísaťSlovak
- ispričati do detaljaSerbian
- berätta, förtäljaSwedish
- ayrıntılarıyla anlatmakTurkish
- 詳細描述Chinese (Trad.)
- розповідати докладноUkrainian
- بیان کرناUrdu
- thuật lạiVietnamese
- 详细叙述Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for recount »
Find a translation for the recount definition in other languages:
Select another language: