Definitions for racerˈreɪ sər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word racer
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
a person, animal, or thing that races or takes part in a race.
anything having great speed.
any of several slender, active snakes of the genera Coluber and
Category: Reptiles and Amphibians
Origin of racer:
racer, race driver, automobile driver(noun)
someone who drives racing cars at high speeds
racer, race car, racing car(noun)
a fast car that competes in races
an animal that races
slender fast-moving North American snakes
Someone who takes part in a race.
An animal known for its fast speed, or suitable for racing; applied especially to a number of North American snakes, certain kinds of lake trout, etc.
A vehicle or other device used for racing.
Origin: From race + -er.
one who, or that which, races, or contends in a race; esp., a race horse
the common American black snake
one of the circular iron or steel rails on which the chassis of a heavy gun is turned
Racer, fully named Racer Free Car Simulation, is a free gaming simulator that runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. Although Racer started out as a driving simulator, it also has features that are usually seen in racing games, such as racing against AI cars, or against human opponents in multiplayer mode. Its weak points, when compared with commercial racing games, is the absence of wear/damage physics or a career mode. An important characteristic of Racer is its openness. The software itself is maintained exclusively by creator Ruud van Gaal, but the formats for cars, tracks and other data are documented. Furthermore, tools to aid in car and track creation are part of the release. As a result, a large number of cars has been created and published, in a large variety: Formula One, GT, vintage, trucks, daily drivers, luxury sedans...even a shopping trolley has been modelled. Likewise, tracks are available in various types, from true racing circuits to drag strips, mountain roads, and even a car park. Racer was first released on 29 August 2000, and has been continuously updated up to the present day. Over the years, a community has grown around Racer. The main forum for Racer is at RaceDepartment Forums.
Anagrams of racer
Translations for racer
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
a car, bicycle etc built for competitive racing.
- قارِب أو سيّارَه مُصَمَّمَه خِصّيصا للسِّباقArabic
- състезателна кола/лодка и пр.Bulgarian
- corridaPortuguese (BR)
- závodní vůzCzech
- der Rennwagen, das RennradGerman
- αγωνιστικό (όχημα)Greek
- coche/bicicleta de carrerasSpanish
- võidusõiduauto, võidusõiduratasEstonian
- تند روFarsi
- kilpa-auto, -pyörä yms.Finnish
- voiture/vélo de courseFrench
- vozilo za utrkuCroatian
- versenygép, versenyautóHungarian
- mobil atau sepeda balapIndonesian
- automobile/bicicletta da corsaItalian
- 경주하는 것Korean
- lenktyninis automobilis, dviratisLithuanian
- sacīkšu modelisLatvian
- raceauto, racefietsDutch
- racerbil/-sykkel osv.Norwegian
- samochód, rower itd. wyścigowyPolish
- تند روPersian
- په مسابقه كىګډون كوونكى: دمسابقى شيان (لكه موټر، اس، بايسكلPashto
- de corridaPortuguese
- vehicul de curseRomanian
- гоночный автомобиль, велосипедRussian
- pretekárske auto, bicykel ap.Slovak
- kapplöpningshäst, racerbil, -cykel, -båtSwedish
- คน สัตว์หรือพาหนะที่เข้าแข่งขันความเร็วThai
- yarışmacı, müsabıkTurkish
- 競速比賽的車輛Chinese (Trad.)
- перегоновий автомобіль тощоUkrainian
- دوڑ میں حصہ لینے والاUrdu
- 比赛用车Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for racer »
Find a translation for the racer definition in other languages:
Select another language: