Definitions for quadratic equation
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word quadratic equation
quadratic equation, quadratic(noun)
an equation in which the highest power of an unknown quantity is a square
a polynomial equation of the second degree.
In mathematics, a quadratic equation is a univariate polynomial equation of the second degree. A general quadratic equation can be written in the form where x represents a variable or an unknown, and a, b, and c are constants with a ≠ 0. ² The constants a, b, and c are called respectively, the quadratic coefficient, the linear coefficient and the constant term or free term. Quadratic equations can be solved by factoring, completing the square, using the quadratic formula, and graphing.²
The Nuttall Encyclopedia
an equation involving the square of the unknown quantity.
Translations for quadratic equation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- quadratische GleichungGerman
- toisen asteen yhtälöFinnish
- équation du second degréFrench
- másodfokú egyenletHungarian
- քառակուսի հավասարումArmenian
- equazione di secondo grado, equazione quadraticaItalian
- tweedegraadsvergelijking, vierkantsvergelijkingDutch
- równanie kwadratowePolish
- ecuație de gradul al doilea, ecuație pătraticăRomanian
- квадратное уравнениеRussian
- ikinci derece denklem, ikinci dereceden denklemTurkish
- دو ضربی مساواتUrdu
Get even more translations for quadratic equation »
Find a translation for the quadratic equation definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these quadratic equation definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"quadratic equation." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2015. Web. 2 Jul 2015. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/quadratic equation>.