trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother(verb)
to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
"Sorry to trouble you, but..."
put out considerable effort
"He put out the same for seven managers"
smother, put out(verb)
deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
exsert, stretch out, put out, extend, hold out, stretch forth(verb)
thrust or extend out
"He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
douse, put out(verb)
put out, as of a candle or a light
"Douse the lights"
be sexually active
"She is supposed to put out"
put out, retire(verb)
cause to be out on a fielding play
"he was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
publish, bring out, put out, issue, release(verb)
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put under, put out(verb)
administer an anesthetic drug to
"The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"; "anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"
The statistic of the number of outs a defensive player directly caused.
To place outside or eject.
To injure a part of the body, especially a joint.
To extinguish (a flame or light).
To eliminate from a competition.
To consent to sex.
To cause a player on the offense to be out, especially of men on base.
Taking offense; indignant.
The numerical value of put out in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of put out in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled sea of thought.
I do believe that those remarks were put out... to send a message... It was put out there to intend to give us pause in our decision-making.
Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us put out more and better ideas if our efforts are truly appreciated.
That consciousness is everything and that all things begin with a thought. That we are responsible for our own fate, we reap what we sow, we get what we give, we pull in what we put out. I know these things for sure.
I raised it immediately with the Iranians. It was not put out by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the government directly, it was put out, I think, by the military over there, the (Revolutionary Guard), who is opposed to what we are doing.
Images & Illustrations of put out
Translations for put out
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- eliminació, apagarCatalan, Valencian
- produzieren, ranlassen, herstellen, rausbringen, löschen, raussetzen, rauswerfenGerman
- eligi, konsenti, forigi, misfleksi, produkti, estingiEsperanto
- sacar, extinguirSpanish
- tuottaa, vahingoittaa, sammuttaa, antaa, laittaa ulosFinnish
- produire, éteindre, vexéFrench
- spegnere, estinguereItalian
- 生産, 消すJapanese
- ontzet, uitwerpen, produceren, blussen, toegeven, kwetsen, verontwaardigd, uitdoen, blesseren, doven, buitenzettenDutch
- lage, produsere, slokke, satt ut, slukke, sette ut, slippe utNorwegian
- esténher, esténger, astudarOccitan
- dawać, wygaszać, daćPolish
- extinguir, apagarPortuguese
- stizar, stüder, stüzzer, stidarRomansh
- выкладывать, произвести, тушить, погасить, потушить, давать, гасить, выложить, дать, вывихивать, производить, вывихнутьRussian
Get even more translations for put out »
Find a translation for the put out definition in other languages:
Select another language: