Definitions for put out
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word put out
trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother(verb)
to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
"Sorry to trouble you, but..."
put out considerable effort
"He put out the same for seven managers"
smother, put out(verb)
deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
exsert, stretch out, put out, extend, hold out, stretch forth(verb)
thrust or extend out
"He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
douse, put out(verb)
put out, as of a candle or a light
"Douse the lights"
be sexually active
"She is supposed to put out"
put out, retire(verb)
cause to be out on a fielding play
"he was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
publish, bring out, put out, issue, release(verb)
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put under, put out(verb)
administer an anesthetic drug to
"The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"; "anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"
The statistic of the number of outs a defensive player directly caused.
To place outside or eject.
To injure a part of the body, especially a joint.
To extinguish (a flame or light).
To eliminate from a competition.
To consent to sex.
To cause a player on the offense to be out, especially of men on base.
Taking offense; indignant.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Put out the light.
They put out a carrot, but it's a fake carrot.
...[I] put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
These measures are inadequate. It's like just trying to put out a big fire with a glass of water.
I think the ideas that she has put out contrast well with the other Democrats, there are differences.
Translations for put out
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- eliminació, apagarCatalan, Valencian
- produzieren, ranlassen, herstellen, rausbringen, löschen, raussetzen, rauswerfenGerman
- eligi, konsenti, forigi, misfleksi, produkti, estingiEsperanto
- sacar, extinguirSpanish
- tuottaa, vahingoittaa, sammuttaa, antaa, laittaa ulosFinnish
- produire, éteindre, vexéFrench
- spegnere, estinguereItalian
- 生産, 消すJapanese
- ontzet, uitwerpen, produceren, blussen, toegeven, kwetsen, verontwaardigd, uitdoen, blesseren, doven, buitenzettenDutch
- lage, produsere, slokke, satt ut, slukke, sette ut, slippe utNorwegian
- esténher, esténger, astudarOccitan
- dawać, wygaszać, daćPolish
- extinguir, apagarPortuguese
- stizar, stüder, stüzzer, stidarRomansh
- выкладывать, произвести, тушить, погасить, потушить, давать, гасить, выложить, дать, вывихивать, производить, вывихнутьRussian
Get even more translations for put out »
Find a translation for the put out definition in other languages:
Select another language: