Definitions for public relations
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word public relations
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
(used with a pl. v.) the actions of a corporation, individual, government, etc., in promoting goodwill with the public.
(used with a sing. v.) the technique or profession of promoting such goodwill.
Origin of public relations:
public relations, PR(noun)
a promotion intended to create goodwill for a person or institution
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
public relations(noun)ˈpʌb lɪk li
the job or skill of creating good relations between an organization and the public; = PR
The argument was a public relations disaster.
Communication by a person or an organization with the purpose of creating a favorable public image; commonly referred to as PR.
Public relations is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization and the public. Public relations may include an organization or individual gaining exposure to their audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment. The aim of public relations by a company often is to persuade the public, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders to maintain a certain point of view about it, its leadership, products, or of political decisions. Common activities include speaking at conferences, winning industry awards, working with the press, and employee communication.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Relations of an individual, association, organization, hospital, or corporation with the publics which it must take into consideration in carrying out its functions. Publics may include consumers, patients, pressure groups, departments, etc.
Translations for public relations
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
the attitude, understanding etc between a firm, government etc and the public.
- عُلاقات عامَّهArabic
- връзки с общественосттаBulgarian
- relações públicasPortuguese (BR)
- styk s veřejnostíCzech
- public relations; PRDanish
- δημόσιες σχέσειςGreek
- relaciones públicasSpanish
- suhted avalikkusegaEstonian
- روابط عمومیFarsi
- relations publiquesFrench
- יַחֲסֵי צִיבּוּרHebrew
- közkapcsolatok, közönségkapcsolatok, PRHungarian
- hubungan masyarakatIndonesian
- pubbliche relazioniItalian
- 홍보, 섭외, 평판Korean
- ryšiai su visuomene, viešieji ryšiaiLithuanian
- attiecības starp iestādi u.tml. un sabiedrībuLatvian
- perhubungan awamMalay
- public relationsDutch
- PR, public relations, publikums-, kundeforholdNorwegian
- stosunki instytucja-społeczeństwoPolish
- روابط عمومیPersian
- عمومى اړيكىPashto
- relaçOes públicasPortuguese
- public relations, relaţii publiceRomanian
- связи с общественностьюRussian
- styk s verejnosťouSlovak
- stiki z javnostjoSlovenian
- odnosi s javnošćuSerbian
- PR, public relationsSwedish
- halkla ilişkilerTurkish
- 公共關係Chinese (Trad.)
- зв'язки з громадськістюUkrainian
- رابطۂ عامہUrdu
- quan hệ quần chúngVietnamese
- 公共关系Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for public relations »
Find a translation for the public relations definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these public relations definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"public relations." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2014. Web. 22 Oct. 2014. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/public relations>.