an economic state of growth with rising profits and full employment
the condition of prospering; having good fortune
The condition of being prosperous, of having good fortune
the state of being prosperous; advance or gain in anything good or desirable; successful progress in any business or enterprise; attainment of the object desired; good fortune; success; as, commercial prosperity; national prosperity
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. That peculiar condition which excites the lively interest of the ambulance-chaser. 2. That which comes about when men believe in other men. 3. That condition which attracts the lively interest of lawyers, and warrants your being sued for damages or indicted, or both.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'prosperity' in Nouns Frequency: #2813
The numerical value of prosperity in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of prosperity in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Assume in adversity a countenance of prosperity, and in prosperity moderate thy temper.
If you want 1 year of prosperity, grow grain. If you want 10 years of prosperity, grow trees. If you want 100 years of prosperity, grow people.
I'm a fan of prosperity. And I think as I talk to Montanans, they want prosperity too. i think he's very personable and he's a very good entertainer.
London's prosperity is very much built on its financial activity, and breaking or weakening that link would certainly have a negative effect on the prosperity of London as well.
That has nothing to do with the American prosperity agenda. It may be a great question for political pundits, but we're here to talk about the new Dems American Prosperity agenda.
Images & Illustrations of prosperity
Translations for prosperity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Wohlstand, Prosperität, der WohlstandGerman
- ευημερία, ευδαιμονίαGreek
- prospérité, la prospéritéFrench
- piseach, àighScottish Gaelic
- کامهرانی, ئاسوودهیی, بهختیاریKurdish
- процвета́ние, благосостояние, преуспева́ние, процветаниеRussian
Get even more translations for prosperity »
Find a translation for the prosperity definition in other languages:
Select another language: