Definitions for procureproʊˈkyʊər, prə-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word procure
get by special effort
"He procured extra cigarettes even though they were rationed"
pander, pimp, procure(verb)
arrange for sexual partners for others
To acquire or obtain an item or service, sometimes rare, usually by extra effort.
To obtain a person as a prostitute for somebody else.
To induce or persuade someone to do something.
Origin: procurer, from Late procurare, from pro- with curare.
to bring into possession; to cause to accrue to, or to come into possession of; to acquire or provide for one's self or for another; to gain; to get; to obtain by any means, as by purchase or loan
to contrive; to bring about; to effect; to cause
to solicit; to entreat
to cause to come; to bring; to attract
to obtain for illicit intercourse or prostitution
to manage business for another in court
Translations for procure
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- erwerben, beschaffen, besorgenGerman
- obtenir, proxénétisme, acquérir, procurerFrench
- procacciare, ottenere, procurareItalian
- verwerven, schaffenDutch
- sprokurować, wystarać sięPolish
- добывать, подговаривать, сводничать, доставатьRussian
- nabaviti, preskrbeti, dobitiSlovene
- anskaffa, införskaffa, skaffaSwedish
Get even more translations for procure »
Find a translation for the procure definition in other languages:
Select another language: