Definitions for outsiderˌaʊtˈsaɪ dər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word outsider
someone who is excluded from or is not a member of a group
a contestant (human or animal) not considered to have a good chance to win
One who is not part of a community or organization.
While the initiated easily understand the symbols, they are wholly inaccessible to outsiders.
A newcomer with little or no experience in an organization or community.
Seeing the mess professional politicians have made of things is it any wonder the electorate is beginning to prefer outsiders.
A competitor or contestant who has little chance of winning; a long shot; a dark horse
Johnny was an outsider at this years karate tournament, but he still managed to win second place out of sheer determination.
In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, an outsider is a type of creature, or "creature type". Outsiders are at least partially composed of the essence of a plane other than the Prime Material Plane. All outsiders have darkvision out to 60 feet. As a group, they have no other special abilities or immunities. Most outsiders have the extraplanar subtype, but those that don't always have the native subtype and live on the Material Plane. Most extraplanar outsiders are from the Outer Planes, but some come from the Inner Planes.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'outsider' in Nouns Frequency: #2523
Translations for outsider
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Außenseiterin, Aussenseiter, AußenseiterGerman
- novulo, eksteruloEsperanto
- novato, lego, marginadoSpanish
- musta hevonen, tulokasFinnish
- exclu, outsider, nouveau venu, étranger, inconnuFrench
- 部外者, 局外者, アウトサイダーJapanese
- déʼéyóníNavajo, Navaho
- forasteiro, marginalPortuguese
- пришелец, новичок, посторонний, незнакомка, аутсайдер, незнакомецRussian
- аутсајдер, постраник, autsajder, postranikSerbo-Croatian
- dışlanan, hariç tutulan, yeni gelenTurkish
Get even more translations for outsider »
Find a translation for the outsider definition in other languages:
Select another language: