Definitions for outgrowˌaʊtˈgroʊ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word outgrow
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
out•growˌaʊtˈgroʊ(v.)-grew, -grown, -grow•ing.
(v.t.)to grow too large for.
to discard or lose in the course of one's development:
to outgrow a fear of the dark.
to surpass in growing.
(v.i.)Archaic. to grow out; burst forth; protrude.
Origin of outgrow:
grow too large or too mature for
"I have outgrown these clothes"; "She outgrew her childish habits"
grow faster than
To become too big or mature for some purpose.
Poor boys often have to wear whatever a big brother has outgrown.
To leave some object, habit, belief ... behind, no longer need or use it, as one grows.
To grow faster or taller than something or someone else.
The best adapted plant varieties tend to outgrow the other.
Outgrow is BoA's 4th original Japanese album. The album features the singles Do the Motion, Make a Secret, Dakishimeru, and Everlasting. The album also features the track "First Snow" from BoA's special digital single, Merry Christmas from BoA. Several of the album's songs have either been written or composed by BoA herself. The album comes in two editions, a limited CD+DVD edition, and a regular CD-only edition. Both editions come with different covers, and the CD features 13 tracks, including a bonus track of "First Snow" alongside 5 new songs. The limited edition CD+DVD version includes a DVD with 5 video clips.
Translations for outgrow
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
to grow too big or too old for
My son has outgrown all his clothes.
- ontgroei, te groot word virAfrikaans
- يَنْمو أكبَر من، يفوق بِنُمُوِّهِArabic
- tornar-se muito grande paraPortuguese (BR)
- vyrůst (z)Czech
- herauswachsen ausGerman
- vokse fra; vokse ud afDanish
- μεγαλώνω σε ηλικία ή μέγεθος, ώστε κτ. να μη μου ταιριάζει πιαGreek
- crecer más queSpanish
- välja kasvamaEstonian
- بزرگتر شدن؛ تندتر رشد کردنFarsi
- kasvaa ulosFinnish
- devenir trop grand pourFrench
- לִהיוֹת גָדוֹל מִדָי בִּשבִיל-Hebrew
- से बड़ा हो जानाHindi
- menjadi lebih besarIndonesian
- vaxa uppúrIcelandic
- diventare troppo grandeItalian
- …보다 빨리(크게) 성장하다Korean
- išaugti, peraugtiLithuanian
- pāraugt; izaugt no apģērbaLatvian
- tdk muat lagiMalay
- vokse fraNorwegian
- wyrosnąć zPolish
- بزرگتر شدن؛ تندتر رشد کردنPersian
- لوى كيدلPashto
- tornar-se muito grande paraPortuguese
- a deveni prea mare pentruRomanian
- vyrásť (z)Slovak
- växa ur (ifrån)Swedish
- büyüyüp ... artık dar/küçük gelmekTurkish
- 長得超過Chinese (Trad.)
- переростати; виростати (з)Ukrainian
- زيادہ بڑھ جانا، تيزي سے نشو و نما پاناUrdu
- lớn hơnVietnamese
- 长得超过…Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for outgrow »
Find a translation for the outgrow definition in other languages:
Select another language: