Definitions for out of the blue
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word out of the blue
unanticipated, unforeseen, unlooked-for, out of the blue(p)(adverb)
"unanticipated and disconcerting lines of development"- H.W.Glidden; "unforeseen circumstances"; "a virtue unlooked-for in people so full of energy"; "like a bolt out of the blue"
unexpectedly, out of the blue(adverb)
in a way that was not expected
"her brother showed up at the wedding out of the blue"
out of the blue(Adverb)
unexpectedly; without warning or preparation
Out of the Blue
Out of the Blue is the seventh studio album by the British rock group Electric Light Orchestra, released in October 1977. Written and produced by ELO frontman Jeff Lynne, the double album is among the most commercially successful records in the group's history.
Translations for out of the blue
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Aus heiterem HimmelGerman
- de repente, de la nadaSpanish
- از رنگ آبیPersian
- comme un chien dans un jeu de quilles, comme un cheveu sur la soupeFrench
- öllum að óvörum, eins og þruma úr heiðskíru lofti, eins og þruma úr heiðríkju, sem reiðarslag, eins og skrattinn úr sauðaleggnumIcelandic
- di punto in bianco, come un fulmine a ciel serenoItalian
- ut av det blå, som lyn fra klar himmelNorwegian
- jak grom z jasnego niebaPolish
- do nada, da cartolaPortuguese
- din seninRomanian
- kȁo grȏm iz vȅdra nȅba, ка̏о гро̑м из ве̏дра не̏баSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for out of the blue »
Find a translation for the out of the blue definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these out of the blue definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"out of the blue." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2015. Web. 9 Oct. 2015. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/out of the blue>.