Definitions for oustaʊst
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word oust
oust, throw out, drum out, boot out, kick out, expel(verb)
remove from a position or office
"The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds"
remove and replace
"The word processor has ousted the typewriter"
To expel; to remove.
The protesters became so noisy that they were finally ousted from the meeting.
Origin: From ouster, oustier, from oster ( > modern ôter), from post-classical obstare, classical obstare.
Otsu, otsu, Ōtsu, outs, Tsou
Translations for oust
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- verdrängen, vertreibenGerman
- deponer, expulsarSpanish
- ulos, poistaa, heittääFinnish
- elkerget, kiszorít, kiűz, elűzHungarian
- espellere, cacciareItalian
- 取り上げる, 追い払う, 取り除くJapanese
- verdrijven, verwijderen, verbannenDutch
- выгонять, изгонять, изгнать, выгнатьRussian
Get even more translations for oust »
Find a translation for the oust definition in other languages:
Select another language: