Definitions for ostentatiousˌɒs tɛnˈteɪ ʃəs, -tən-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ostentatious
intended to attract notice and impress others
"an ostentatious sable coat"
(of a display) tawdry or vulgar
Intended to attract notice.
Of tawdry display; kitsch.
Origin: Originated 1650–60; ostentation+-ious.
The numerical value of ostentatious in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of ostentatious in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
An ostentatious man will rather relate a blunder or an absurdity he has committed, than be debarred from talking of his own dear person.
Generally the brands they buy will be more ostentatious compared to somebody in the more developed, mature markets. It's going to be the Louis Vuitton, the Gucci, the Prada.
The people don’t care even a bit to a person who is not fair to others, but many don’t mind to go along with him anywhere as long as they either get the reimbursement of their to and fro journey fare or/and have own vested interest in his ostentatious public affair.
Images & Illustrations of ostentatious
Translations for ostentatious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ostentósCatalan, Valencian
- alloga, altira, pavuma, provoka, paradeca, paradaEsperanto
- huomiotaherättävä, kitsahtava, mahtaileva, mauton, liiallinen, provokatiivinen, ylitsevuotavaFinnish
- ostentato, provocatore, provocanteItalian
- けばけばしい, 派手Japanese
- espalhafatoso, ostentatórioPortuguese
- țipător, împopoțonat, ostentativ, provocator, ostentațiosRomanian
- нарочитый, показной, внешний, хвастливыйRussian
- ostentatívny, vypínavý, vystatovačnýSlovak
Get even more translations for ostentatious »
Find a translation for the ostentatious definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these ostentatious definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"ostentatious." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 28 Jul 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/ostentatious>.