intentionally, deliberately, designedly, on purpose, purposely, advisedly, by choice, by design(adverb)
with intention; in an intentional manner
"he used that word intentionally"; "I did this by choice"
The numerical value of on purpose in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of on purpose in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
It shows a move away from a shoe designed for elite athletic purpose or even playground purpose, and was shifting the sneaker design toward an expression of style.
What's the purpose of it? you know, it's always skirting the edge. What's the purpose of it? In the end, she had something in mind. She didn't want people to know or something. But what is she doing? Why is she doing it?
I don't know if it was done on purpose, with the intent to sabotage my effort, or if it was done on purpose as a result of a misunderstanding during production meetings about some of the things I said I might find challenging and eager to do.
Images & Illustrations of on purpose
Translations for on purpose
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- med vilje, med fuldt overlægDanish
- mit Vorbedacht, bewusst, mit Absicht, vorsätzlich, absichtlich, extraGerman
- adrede, intencionalmente, a propósitoSpanish
- از قصد, دانستهPersian
- tahallisesti, tarkoituksellisesti, tahallaan, tarkoituksellaFinnish
- à dessein, exprèsFrench
- a dh’aon ghnothachScottish Gaelic
- vísvitandi, viljandi, að yfirlögðu ráði, af ásettu ráðiIcelandic
- apposta, di proposito, intenzionalmenteItalian
- わざと, 故意Japanese
- expres, opzettelijkDutch
- med overlegg, med viljeNorwegian
- umyślnie, celowoPolish
- de propósitoPortuguese
- сознательно, намеренно, нарочноRussian
- námerno, námjerno, на́мерно, на́мјерноSerbo-Croatian
- med vilje, med flit, avsiktlig, med meningSwedish
Get even more translations for on purpose »
Find a translation for the on purpose definition in other languages:
Select another language: