Definitions for old-fashioned
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word old-fashioned
a cocktail made of whiskey and bitters and sugar with fruit slices
antique, demode, ex, old-fashioned, old-hat(p), outmoded, passe, passee(adj)
out of fashion
"a suit of rather antique appearance"; "demode (or outmoded) attire"; "outmoded ideas"
A cocktail consisting of whiskey, bitters, and sugar, garnished with with fruit slices and often a cherry.
A whiskey-based cocktail
Of a thing, outdated or no longer in vogue.
My bike is old-fashioned but it gets me around.
Of a person, preferring the customs of earlier times.
You canu2019t stay the night, because my parents are a bit old-fashioned.
Origin: old + fashioned
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'old-fashioned' in Adjectives Frequency: #914
The numerical value of old-fashioned in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of old-fashioned in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I'm not a deal junkie, I'm probably a rather old-fashioned corporate financier.
This is an old-fashioned, cold-blooded, calculated massacre of eight human beings.
We're just old-fashioned Catholics, playing what used to be known as 'Vatican Roulette,'.
For an idea ever to be fashionable is ominous, since it must afterwards be always old-fashioned.
Lloyd When I met Mary, I got that old fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her.
Images & Illustrations of old-fashioned
Translations for old-fashioned
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- παλιομοδίτης, παλιομοδίτικοςGreek
- anticuado, pasado de moda, chapado a la antiguaSpanish
- moest läinud, vanamoodneEstonian
- de la vieille école, vieilli, vieux jeu, démodé, à l'ancienneFrench
- seann-nòsach, seann-fhasantaScottish Gaelic
- régimódi, ódivatú, divatjamúltHungarian
- sorpassato, vecchio stile, antiquato, fuori modaItalian
- 古臭い, 旧弊, 昔風Japanese
- almoudeschLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- fesyen lama, jenis lamaMalay
- staromodny, staroświeckiPolish
- antiquado, démodé, antigoPortuguese
- demodată, vechi-modic, învechit, demodatRomanian
- старомодный, устаревшийRussian
- gammaldags, gammalmodigSwedish
- คร่ำครึ, ล้าสมัยThai
- eski kafalı, eski moda, modası geçmişTurkish
Get even more translations for old-fashioned »
Find a translation for the old-fashioned definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these old-fashioned definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"old-fashioned." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 28 May 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/old-fashioned>.