Definitions for noviceˈnɒv ɪs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word novice
someone who has entered a religious order but has not taken final vows
novice, beginner, tyro, tiro, initiate(noun)
someone new to a field or activity
A beginner; one who is not very familiar or experienced in a particular subject.
I'm only a novice at coding, and my programs frequently have bugs that more experienced programmers wouldn't make.
A new member of a religious order accepted on a conditional basis, prior to confirmation.
one who is new in any business, profession, or calling; one unacquainted or unskilled; one yet in the rudiments; a beginner; a tyro
one newly received into the church, or one newly converted to the Christian faith
one who enters a religious house, whether of monks or nuns, as a probationist
like a novice; becoming a novice
A novice is a person or creature who is new to a field or activity.
Translations for novice
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- nováček, začátečník, novicCzech
- Neuling, Anfänger, NovizeGerman
- principiante, novicio, novatoSpanish
- aloittelija, vasta-alkaja, noviisiFinnish
- debuttante, novizio, principianteItalian
- ახალბედა, დამწყებიGeorgian
- tiro, inceptorLatin
- ika tauhou, ihu hūpē, tauhouMāori
- beginnelinge, beginner, beginnelingDutch
- novise, nybegynnerNorwegian
- debiutant, nowicjuszPolish
- începător, debutantRomanian
- новичок, начинающий, дебютант, дебютанткаRussian
Get even more translations for novice »
Find a translation for the novice definition in other languages:
Select another language: