Definitions for neverthelessˌnɛv ər ðəˈlɛs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word nevertheless
however, nevertheless, withal, still, yet, all the same, even so, nonetheless, notwithstanding(adverb)
despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession)
"although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"; "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"; "he was a stern yet fair master"; "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
In spite of what preceded; yet.
Origin: From ; compare never the wiser
not the less; notwithstanding; in spite of that; yet
"Nevertheless I'm in Love with You" is a popular song written by Harry Ruby with lyrics by Bert Kalmar, first published in 1931. The song was recorded by Bing Crosby and by Rudy Vallée in 1931, and was revisited in 1950 by The Mills Brothers, Paul Weston, Ray Anthony, and Ralph Flanagan. The Mills Brothers' rendition was released by Decca Records as catalog number 27253. It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on November 3, 1950 and lasted 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9. The recording by Paul Weston was released by Columbia Records as catalog number 38982. It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on October 20, 1950 and lasted 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9. The recording by Ray Anthony was released by Capitol Records as catalog number 1190. It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on October 27, 1950 and lasted 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #15. The flip side was "Harbor Lights." The recording by Ralph Flanagan was released by RCA Victor Records as catalog number 20-3904. It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on October 6, 1950 and lasted 10 weeks on the chart, peaking at #16. The flip side was "The Red We Want Is the Red We've Got."
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'nevertheless' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1413
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'nevertheless' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2353
Rank popularity for the word 'nevertheless' in Adverbs Frequency: #131
The numerical value of nevertheless in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of nevertheless in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He who despises himself nevertheless esteems himself as a self-despiser.
True, the lion is a mighty, noble animal, but it is an animal nevertheless!..
Even if we're still in a bull market, a deep correction could nevertheless be very painful.
Even if you are the Sun itself, don’t be haughty, because you will nevertheless die down!
Nevertheless, in terms of technology this is clearly a software sector and the challenges are not simple.
Images & Illustrations of nevertheless
Translations for nevertheless
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ومع ذلكArabic
- въпреки товаBulgarian
- tanmateix, nogensmenys, no obstantCatalan, Valencian
- nichtsdestoweniger, trotzdemGerman
- κι όμως, παρ' όλα αυτά, μολαταύτα, μολοντούτο, εν τούτοιςGreek
- sin embargo, no obstanteSpanish
- siitä huolimatta, kuitenkinFinnish
- néanmoins, pourtant, toutefoisFrench
- mar sin féinIrish
- על כל פניםHebrew
- फिर भीHindi
- mindamellett, mindazonáltal, azonbanHungarian
- engu að síður, samt sem áður, eigi að síðurIcelandic
- nondimeno, eppure, tuttaviaItalian
- しかも, それでも, やはり, それにもかかわらずJapanese
- tamen, attamenLatin
- na dia izany azaMalagasy
- toch, desondanks, desalniettemin, niettemin, niettegenstaandeDutch
- jednakowoż, niemniej jednak, jednakżePolish
- no entanto, de qualquer jeito, não obstante, contudo, apesar dePortuguese
- totuși, cu toate acesteaRomanian
- однако, несмотря на это, тем не менее, зато, но, всё-такиRussian
- ipak, usprkos tomeSerbo-Croatian
- napriek tomu, jednakoSlovak
- trots det, icke desto mindre, icke dess mindre, ändåSwedish
- bununla birlikte, buna rağmenTurkish
Get even more translations for nevertheless »
Find a translation for the nevertheless definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these nevertheless definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"nevertheless." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 24 May 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/nevertheless>.