jewelry consisting of a cord or chain (often bearing gems) worn about the neck as an ornament (especially by women)
An article of jewelry/jewellery that is worn around the neck, most often made of a string of precious metal, pearls, gems, beads or shells, and sometimes having a pendant attached.
Anything resembling a necklace in shape.
a necklace of coral islands
(South African) A method of informal execution in which a rubber tyre is filled with petrol, placed around the victim's neck, and set on fire.
(South African) To informally execute by setting on fire a petrol-filled rubber tyre which has been put around the bound victim's neck.
(South African) Describing a method of murder.
a string of beads, etc., or any continuous band or chain, worn around the neck as an ornament
a rope or chain fitted around the masthead to hold hanging blocks for jibs and stays
A necklace is an article of jewellery which is worn around the neck. Necklaces are frequently formed from a metal jewellery chain. Others are woven or manufactured from cloth using string or twine. Common features of necklaces include features such as colorful stones, wood, art glass, feathers, shells, beads or corals - a wide, wide variety of other adornments have also been used. If a necklace includes a primary hanging feature, it is called a pendant; if the pendant is itself a small container, that is called a locket.
The numerical value of necklace in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of necklace in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Images & Illustrations of necklace
Translations for necklace
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- halssnoer, halssnoermoordAfrikaans
- гердан, огърлица, колиеBulgarian
- collaret, collarCatalan, Valencian
- lepoko, idunekoBasque
- گردن بندPersian
- kaulanauha, helminauha, kaulakoruFinnish
- supplice du pneu, collierFrench
- bráisléad brád, muinceIrish
- girocollo, collanaItalian
- ネックレス, 首飾りJapanese
- ყელსაბამი, მანიაკიGeorgian
- хүзүүний зүүлтMongolian
- kalung, rantaiMalay
- ġiżirana, kullanaMaltese
- halsketting, halssnoer, executie bij brandende rubberband, halssnoer-achtig, kettingDutch
- halskjedeNorwegian Nynorsk
- yooʼNavajo, Navaho
- ਹਾਰPanjabi, Punjabi
- salbă, colan, colierRomanian
- ожерелье, монисто, кольеRussian
- ђердан, огрлица, ogrlica, đerdanSerbo-Croatian
- verížica, ogŕlicaSlovene
- pärlband, halsbandSwedish
- kolye, gerdanlıkTurkish
- намисто, монисто, нашийникUkrainian
- chuỗi hạtVietnamese
Get even more translations for necklace »
Find a translation for the necklace definition in other languages:
Select another language: