one who loves and defends his or her country
an advocate of national independence of or a strong national government
devotion to the interests or culture of a particular nation including promoting the interests of one country over those of others
"nationalist aspirations"; "minor nationalistic differences"
One who advocates nationalism, in any sense.
One who advocates national unity and independence; -- as, for example, one of a party favoring Irish independence before 1918.
An advocate of nationalism.
Of or relating to nationalism.
one who advocates national unity and independence; one of a party favoring Irish independence
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'nationalist' in Nouns Frequency: #2992
The numerical value of nationalist in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of nationalist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I love my country too much to be a nationalist.
If you want to be an extreme nationalist and if you love to maintain your race that much, don’t believe in Buddhism.
A person who shows the honest respect for hard workers is more nationalist than one who displays pompously own country flag on self body or dress part.
We have a different approach, they (the Zionist Union) want to withdraw. I don't want to withdraw. If I put together the government, it will be a nationalist government.
If she speaks in favor of Rohingya, she'll be accused of being a Muslim lover, if she speaks for the (Rakhine) people, she'll be accused of being a nationalist and a racist. That's why she has stayed quiet.
Images & Illustrations of nationalist
Translations for nationalist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- милләтсе, милләтселBashkir
- nacionalistaCatalan, Valencian
- nacionalistický, nacionalista, národoveckýCzech
- nationalistisch, Nationalistin, NationalistGerman
- εθνικιστής, εθνικιστικόςGreek
- nationalisti, kansalliskiihkoilijaFinnish
- náisiúnach, náisiúnaíIrish
- nàiseantachScottish Gaelic
- faham kebangsaan, nasionalisme, nasionalis, nasionalistikMalay
- nacjonalistyczny, nacjonalistaPolish
- националистический, националистка, националистRussian
- nationalist, nationalistiskSwedish
Get even more translations for nationalist »
Find a translation for the nationalist definition in other languages:
Select another language: