arch, impish, implike, mischievous, pixilated, prankish, puckish, wicked(adj)
naughtily or annoyingly playful
"teasing and worrying with impish laughter"; "a wicked prank"
deliberately causing harm or damage
"mischievous rumors and falsehoods"
Causing mischief; injurious.
Troublesome, cheeky, badly behaved.
Matthew had a twin brother called Edward, who was always mischievous and badly behaved.
causing mischief; harmful; hurtful; -- now often applied where the evil is done carelessly or in sport; as, a mischievous child
The numerical value of mischievous in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of mischievous in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
God is Love -- I dare say. But what a mischievous devil Love is
This is the environment that has slowly been building for years, we have gone from viewing pushing and shoving in hallways as mischievous to being criminal acts.
I've just signed with Next Modeling agency for commercials and appearances. That is funny. I've never felt pretty enough to be a model, i think I've provoked feelings with how I look. But not as a beauty but as a mischievous little rascal!
pixel, n.: A mischievous, magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology: Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence, and the trolls in the marketing department.
I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons or your properties, but and chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, I am a mischievous person.
Images & Illustrations of mischievous
Translations for mischievous
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مؤذ, شريرArabic
- entremaliatCatalan, Valencian
- unartig, ungehorsam, dreist, frechGerman
- travieso, pícaroSpanish
- haitallinen, ilkeä, ilkikurinen, pahankurinen, pahanilkinenFinnish
- méchant, malicieux, canaille, malin, espiègleFrench
- birichino, piantagrane, furbetto, casinista, malizioso, attaccabrigheItalian
- いたずら, やんちゃ, わんぱく, 行儀が悪いJapanese
- venehewiyayî, şûm, ziyander, destmatî, zererder, neqetKurdish
- rawahanga, hanariki, amionga, rawekeMāori
- gemeen, beledigend, stout, kwetsendDutch
- bagunceiro, travesso, sapeca, levadoPortuguese
- obraznic, rău, răutăcios, răuvoitorRomanian
- озорной, непослушный, шаловливыйRussian
Get even more translations for mischievous »
Find a translation for the mischievous definition in other languages:
Select another language: