Definitions for menialˈmi ni əl, ˈmin yəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word menial
a domestic servant
humble, menial, lowly(adj)
used of unskilled work (especially domestic work)
A servant, especially a domestic servant.
A person who has a subservient nature.
His sister was a menial girl, but he sought to help her develop a mind of her own.
Of or relating to work normally performed by a servant.
Of or relating to unskilled work.
Origin: From meinial, from meignial, from meignee, from mansionata, from mansio, mansion.
belonging to a retinue or train of servants; performing servile office; serving
pertaining to servants, esp. domestic servants; servile; low; mean
a domestic servant or retainer, esp. one of humble rank; one employed in low or servile offices
a person of a servile character or disposition
Translations for menial
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- labor, minyona, criatCatalan, Valencian
- untergeordnet, nieder, niedrigGerman
- avustava, yksinkertainenFinnish
- ancillaire, subalterne, domestiqueFrench
- nedrig, lavstatuspregetNorwegian
- meid, knecht, dienaar, bediende, dienaresDutch
- sluga, lakajski, služinče, lakejski, služinskiSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for menial »
Find a translation for the menial definition in other languages:
Select another language: