Definitions for maidenˈmeɪd n
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word maiden
an unmarried girl (especially a virgin)
maiden over, maiden(adj)
(cricket) an over in which no runs are scored
inaugural, initiative, initiatory, first, maiden(adj)
serving to set in motion
"the magazine's inaugural issue"; "the initiative phase in the negotiations"; "an initiatory step toward a treaty"; "his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"; "the liner's maiden voyage"
A girl or an unmarried young woman.
A female virgin.
She's unmarried and still a maiden.
A man with no experience of sex, especially because of deliberate abstention.
An unmarried woman, especially an older woman.
A race horse without any victory ('virgin record').
A Scottish counterpart of the guillotine.
A maiden over.
(about a female, human or animal) without offspring
like/ fitting a (young, unmarried) maiden
describing a first occurrence or event
The Titanic sank on its maiden voyage.
describing an over in which no runs are scored
an unmarried woman; a girl or woman who has not experienced sexual intercourse; a virgin; a maid
a female servant
an instrument resembling the guillotine, formerly used in Scotland for beheading criminals
a machine for washing linen
of or pertaining to a maiden, or to maidens; suitable to, or characteristic of, a virgin; as, maiden innocence
never having been married; not having had sexual intercourse; virgin; -- said usually of the woman, but sometimes of the man; as, a maiden aunt
fresh; innocent; unpolluted; pure; hitherto unused
used of a fortress, signifying that it has never been captured, or violated
to act coyly like a maiden; -- with it as an indefinite object
Origin: [OE. maiden, meiden, AS. maegden, dim. of AS. maeg, fr. mago son, servant; akin to G. magd, mdchen, maid, OHG. magad, Icel. mgr son, Goth. magus boy, child, magaps virgin, and perh. to Zend. magu youth. Cf. Maid a virgin.]
Maiden is a town in Catawba and Lincoln counties in the U.S. state of North Carolina. Maiden is known as "The Biggest Little Football Town in the World". The population was 3,327 at the 2010 census. Maiden is also known for being home to Apple's "Cloud" Data Center, covering 500,000 square feet, that stores information that can be sent/received through iCloud. In May 2012, Apple announced it would generate 60 percent of the Maiden facility’s power itself, through a large deployment of fuel cells at the site and a 100-acre solar farm, with an additional 150-acre site, two miles away. The Catawba County portion of Maiden is part of the Hickory–Lenoir–Morganton Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the Lincoln County portion is part of the Lincolnton Micropolitan Statistical Area.
aidmen, Damien, demain, Manide, median, Median, medina, Medina, meidan
Translations for maiden
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بكر, عذراءArabic
- няві́нніца, дзяўчы́на, дзе́ва, па́ннаBelarusian
- деви́ца, госпо́жица, дево́йка, де́вственицаBulgarian
- merc'h, plac'hBreton
- panna, slečna, děvče, dívčíCzech
- дѣваOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- rhiain, morwyn, geneth, merchWelsh
- Maid, Jungfrau, MädchenGerman
- κορίτσι, κοπέλα, παρθέναGreek
- señorita, doncellaSpanish
- impi, neiti, neito, neitsytFinnish
- vierge, jeune fille, pucelle, inaugural, jeune femme, demoiselleFrench
- maighdean, ainnirIrish
- òigh, maighdeann, gruagach, ainnir, rìbhinn, nigheanScottish Gaelic
- עלמה, בְּתוּלָהHebrew
- कुँआरी, कुंवारीHindi
- leány, szűzHungarian
- կույս, օրիորդArmenian
- pulzella, ragazza, fanciullaItalian
- 少女, 処女Japanese
- 처녀, 아가씨Korean
- virgo, maidenLatin
- де́војка, мо́минско, де́вицаMacedonian
- juffrouw, maagd, meisje, kinderloos, vrijster, jongedameDutch
- chʼikę́ę́hNavajo, Navaho
- panna, dziewczyna, dziewicaPolish
- virgem, primeiro, donzela, inauguralPortuguese
- деви́ца, де́ва, де́вственница, де́вушка, це́лкаRussian
- devojka, djevica, djevojka, девица, дјевица, дјевојка, девојка, devicaSerbo-Croatian
- panna, deva, dievčaSlovak
- devica, dekleSlovene
- jungfru, oskuld, maidenSwedish
- дівчи́на, па́нна, ді́ва, неза́йманаUkrainian
- gái trinhVietnamese
- מויד, מײדל, בתולהYiddish
Get even more translations for maiden »
Find a translation for the maiden definition in other languages:
Select another language: