Definitions for likewiseˈlaɪkˌwaɪz
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word likewise
in like or similar manner
"He was similarly affected"; "some people have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil"- Samuel Johnson
besides, too, also, likewise, as well(adverb)
"he has a Mercedes, too"
"parents and teachers alike demanded reforms"
In a similar manner.
Public transportation is virtually inaccessible in this country; likewise, its hospitals are also not very user-friendly.
also; moreover; too.
Margaret enjoys playing tennis on Saturdays, Jeremy likewise.
The same to you; .
It was very nice meeting you, Samantha. uE000128405uE001 Likewise, Mr Thompson.
Origin: Shortened from in like wise; equivalent to .
in like manner; also; moreover; too. See Also
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'likewise' in Adverbs Frequency: #398
Translations for likewise
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- също такаBulgarian
- i lige mådeDanish
- ähnlich, gleichfalls, ebenfalls, ebensoGerman
- similarmente, igualmenteSpanish
- de même, pareillement, idemFrench
- mar an ceudnaScottish Gaelic
- altrettanto, idem, similarmente, ugualmenteItalian
- 同様, そちらこそJapanese
- op gelijkaardige wijze, evenzo, eveneens, insgelijksDutch
- i like måteNorwegian
- similarmente, igualmentePortuguese
- и тебе́ того́ же, взаи́мно, подо́бно, та́к же, и ва́м того́ же, подо́бным о́бразом, аналоги́чноRussian
- likaledes, detsammaSwedish
- bilmukabele, keza, aynenTurkish
Get even more translations for likewise »
Find a translation for the likewise definition in other languages:
Select another language: