Definitions for leverageˈlɛv ər ɪdʒ, ˈlɛv rɪdʒ; ˈli vər ɪdʒ, -vrɪdʒ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word leverage
the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
strategic advantage; power to act effectively
"relatively small groups can sometimes exert immense political leverage"
investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)
supplement with leverage
"leverage the money that is already available"
provide with leverage
"We need to leverage this company"
A force compounded by means of a lever rotating around a pivot; see torque.
A crowbar uses leverage to pry nails out of wood.
By extension, any influence which is compounded or used to gain an advantage.
Try using competitorsu2019 prices for leverage in the negotiation.
The use of borrowed funds with a contractually determined return to increase the ability of a business to invest and earn an expected higher return, but usually at high risk.
Leverage is great until something goes wrong with your investments and you still have to pay your debts.
The ability to earn very high returns when operating at high capacity utilization of a facility.
Their variable-cost-reducing investments have dramatically increased their leverage.
To use; to exploit; to take full advantage (of something).
the action of a lever; mechanical advantage gained by the lever
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
In the context of joint operation planning, a relative advantage in combat power and/or other circumstances against the adversary across one or more domains (air, land, sea, and space) and/or the information environment sufficient to exploit that advantage. Leverage is an element of operational design. See also operational art; operational design.
Images & Illustrations of leverage
Translations for leverage
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Einfluss, Hebelwirkung, Hebelkraft, Hebel, Fremdkapitalaufnahme, Fremdfinanzierungsgrad, VerschuldungsgradGerman
- apalancamiento, aprovechar, influencia, palanca, beneficiar, palanqueoSpanish
- vipuvoima, vaikutusvaltaFinnish
- luamhánacht, cumas luamháinIrish
- beneficiare, leveraggio, approfittare, leva, influenza, potenzaItalian
- voordeel, hefboomkracht, hefboom, invloed, leverageDutch
- profittere, dra fordel av, utnytteNorwegian
- wykorzystać, wykorzystywać, lewarowanie, dźwignia finansowaPolish
- forsiranje, profitirati, uticaj, utjecajSerbo-Croatian
- manivela, kaldıraç kuvvetiTurkish
Get even more translations for leverage »
Find a translation for the leverage definition in other languages:
Select another language: