laptop, laptop computer(noun)
a portable computer small enough to use in your lap
A laptop computer.
A laptop computer is a portable personal computer with a clamshell form factor, suitable for mobile use. A laptop has most of the same components as a desktop computer, including a display, a keyboard, a pointing device such as a touchpad and/or a pointing stick, and speakers into a single unit. A laptop is powered by mains electricity via an AC adapter, and can be used away from an outlet using a rechargeable battery. Laptops are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks. Other terms, such as ultrabooks or netbooks, refer to specific types of laptop / notebook. Portable computers, originally monochrome CRT-based and developed into the modern laptops, were originally considered to be a small niche market, mostly for specialized field applications such as the military, accountants and sales representatives. As portable computers became smaller, lighter, cheaper, more powerful and as screens became larger and of better quality, laptops became very widely used for all sorts of purposes.
Song lyrics by laptop -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by laptop on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of laptop in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of laptop in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The MOUSE , The KEYBOARD and The Monitor over the years came closer and closer and became a family known as LAPTOP
I opened up my laptop and searched ‘Steve Scalise’ and ‘David Duke’ and within 35 seconds I found the Stormfront post.
A huge part of what Tesla is, is a Silicon Valley software company. We view this the same as updating your phone or your laptop.
The speed is important, how fast it is. How simple and easy it is to use - it's all cloud-based so you can access it through a laptop and wifi, rather than being in some big edit suite.
We really designed the Model S to be a very sophisticated computer on wheels, a huge part of what Tesla is, is a Silicon Valley software company. We view this the same as updating your phone or your laptop.
Images & Illustrations of laptop
Translations for laptop
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لابتوب, كمبيوتر محمول, حاسوب محمولArabic
- ল্যাপটপ, ল্যাপটপ কম্পিউটারBengali
- ordinador portàtil, portàtilCatalan, Valencian
- bærbar computer, bærbarDanish
- Laptop, KlapprechnerGerman
- [[φορητός]] [[υπολογιστής]], laptopGreek
- sinokomputilo, tekokomputiloEsperanto
- computadora portátil, computador portátil, ordenador portátil, portátilSpanish
- sülearvuti, rüperaalEstonian
- لپتاپ, لپ تاپPersian
- kannettava tietokone, läppäri, kannettavaFinnish
- ordenador portátil, computador portátil, computadora portátil, portátilGalician
- מחשב ניידHebrew
- laptop, notebook, hordozható számítógépHungarian
- komputer jinjing, laptopIndonesian
- fartölva, ferðatölvaIcelandic
- il computer portatileItalian
- מחשב ניידHebrew
- ラップトップ, ノートパソコンJapanese
- 랩톱, 노트Korean
- laptop, barrlennelCornish
- skreitinis kompiuteris, skreitinukasLithuanian
- преносен компјутер, лаптопMacedonian
- komputer ribaMalay
- notebook, laptopDutch
- laptop, komputer przenośnyPolish
- portátil, computador portátilPortuguese
- notebook, calculator portabil, computer portabil, laptopRomanian
- ноутбук, лэптоп, портативный компьютерRussian
- прије́носнӣк, пре́носнӣк, prijénosnīk, prénosnīkSerbo-Croatian
- ජංගම පරිගණකයSinhala, Sinhalese
- bärbar dator, portföljdator, laptopSwedish
- dizüstü, dizüstü bilgisayarTurkish
- портативний комп'ютерUkrainian
- لیپ ٹاپUrdu
- máy tính xách tay, laptopVietnamese
Get even more translations for laptop »
Find a translation for the laptop definition in other languages:
Select another language: