an overwhelming electoral victory
"Roosevelt defeated Hoover in a landslide"
a slide of a large mass of dirt and rock down a mountain or cliff
A natural disaster that involves the breakup and downhill flow of rock, mud, water and anything caught in the path.
A vote won by a wide or overwhelming majority.
The candidate won by a landslide.
the slipping down of a mass of land from a mountain, hill, etc
the land which slips down
A landslide or landslip is a geological phenomenon which includes a wide range of ground movement, such as rockfalls, deep failure of slopes and shallow debris flows, which can occur in offshore, coastal and onshore environments. Although the action of gravity is the primary driving force for a landslide to occur, there are other contributing factors affecting the original slope stability. Typically, pre-conditional factors build up specific sub-surface conditions that make the area/slope prone to failure, whereas the actual landslide often requires a trigger before being released.
Song lyrics by landslide -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by landslide on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of landslide in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of landslide in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Images & Illustrations of landslide
Translations for landslide
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- انهيار أرضىArabic
- ensulsiadaCatalan, Valencian
- bjergskred, jordskredDanish
- voto mayoritario, corrimiento de tierra, deslizamiento de tierraSpanish
- maanvyörymä, maanvyöryFinnish
- glissement de terrainFrench
- tanah longsorIndonesian
- frana, smottamento, slavinaItalian
- 山津波, 土砂崩れ, 地滑り, 山崩れJapanese
- jordras, jordskredNorwegian
- aardverschuiving, lawineDutch
- jordskred, jordrasNorwegian Nynorsk
- alunecare de terenRomanian
- odron, osulinaSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for landslide »
Find a translation for the landslide definition in other languages:
Select another language: