Definitions for know-it-all
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word know-it-all
someone who thinks he knows everything and refuses to accept advice or information from others
Someone who obnoxiously claims to be knowledgeable on a subject.
We had it all figured out, but this know-it-all marched in with "the correct way of solving it", leaving our experiment in shambles.
A know-it-all or know-all is a person who obnoxiously purports an expansive comprehension of a topic and/or situation when in reality, his/her comprehension is inaccurate or limited. This display may or may not be directly expressed. The German word Besserwisser is also used in some languages, literally meaning "better knowing [person]".
The numerical value of know-it-all in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of know-it-all in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
It is what you learn after you know it all that counts.
It's what we learn after we think we know it all that counts.
It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts.
Dare to ask questions whenever you are not clarified. Never feel too wise or too educated to learn something new from someone else/others. For, you don't know it all and you will never know it all. Yes! learning is meant to be a continuous process.
Images & Illustrations of know-it-all
Translations for know-it-all
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- setciènciesCatalan, Valencian
- Besserwisser, Klugscheißer, Neunmalkluger, Schulmeister, Schlaumeier, Rechthaber, SchlaubergerGerman
- sabiondo, sabelotodoSpanish
- sasijakitun, sasijakintsuBasque
- besserwisser, kaikkitietäväFinnish
- M. Je-Sais-ToutFrench
- wiisprater, wiisnoasWestern Frisian
- sa tutto, sapientone, saputelloItalian
- whakaputa mōhio, ngutu huiaMāori
- forståsegpåer, besserwisserNorwegian
- wijsneus, betweterDutch
- bedreviter, viktigperNorwegian
- sabichão, sabe-tudo, sabichonaPortuguese
- всезнайка, знайкаRussian
- besserwisser, viktigpetterSwedish
Get even more translations for know-it-all »
Find a translation for the know-it-all definition in other languages:
Select another language: