the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic
tendency to be kind and forgiving
a kind act
The state of being kind.
An instance of kind or charitable behaviour.
the state or quality of being kind, in any of its various senses; manifestation of kind feeling or disposition beneficence
a kind act; an act of good will; as, to do a great kindness
Kindness is the act or the state of being kind, being marked by good and charitable behavior, pleasant disposition, and concern for others. It is known as a virtue, and recognized as a value in many cultures and religions. Research has shown that acts of kindness does not only benefit receivers of the kind act, but also the giver, as a result of the release of neurotransmitters responsible for feelings of contentment and relaxation when such acts are committed.
The numerical value of kindness in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of kindness in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He had the kindest eyes you could see. They radiated kindness and compassion.
Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
He was full of knowledge and kindness and goodness. ... He always wanted to share the great and beautiful things in life.
Jesus lived a life of peace, love, kindness and forgiveness, during the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, may we all do our best to follow his example.
It felt so real and sincere and it was, they shed all these layers in front of our eyes and in front of the cameras and that sweetness and kindness resonated with people.
Images & Illustrations of kindness
Translations for kindness
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- cortesia, gentilesa, bondatCatalan, Valencian
- godhed, velvilje, venlighed, imødekommenhed, tjeneste, elskværdighedDanish
- bonté, la gentillesseFrench
- दया, दयालुताHindi
- bontà, cortesia, piacere, gentilezza, favore, garboItalian
- 優しさ, 親切Japanese
- caritas, bonitas, benignitasLatin
- ദയ, അനുകമ്പ, ഐന്തൽMalayalam
- vriendelijkheid, aardigheidDutch
- gentileza, caridadePortuguese
- bunăvoință, amabilitate, bunătateRomanian
- दया, कृपाSanskrit
- милосрдје, лјубаѕност, човеколјублје, milosrdje, čovekoljublje, доброта, milosrđe, dobrota, ljubaznostSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for kindness »
Find a translation for the kindness definition in other languages:
Select another language: