Definitions for kindlyˈkaɪnd li
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word kindly
charitable, benevolent, kindly, sympathetic, good-hearted, openhearted, large-hearted(adj)
showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity
"was charitable in his opinions of others"; "kindly criticism"; "a kindly act"; "sympathetic words"; "a large-hearted mentor"
pleasant and agreeable
"a kindly climate"; "kindly breeze"
in a kind manner or out of kindness
"He spoke kindly to the boy"; "she kindly overlooked the mistake"
In a kind manner, out of kindness.
He kindly offered to take us to the station in his car.
in a favourable way.
With kind acceptance; .
Having a kind personality.
A kindly old man sits on the park bench every afternoon feeding pigeons.
according to the kind or nature; natural
humane; congenial; sympathetic; hence, disposed to do good to; benevolent; gracious; kind; helpful; as, kindly affections, words, acts, etc
favorable; mild; gentle; auspicious; beneficent
in a kind manner; congenially; with good will; with a disposition to make others happy, or to oblige
Origin: [AS. cyndelic. See Kind, n. ]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Egotism is the anesthetic given by a kindly nature to relieve the pain of being a damned fool.
To impress others we must be earnest; to amuse them, it is only necessary to be kindly and fanciful.
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent - that is to triumph over old age.
Images & Illustrations of kindly
Translations for kindly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- amablementCatalan, Valencian
- dobrosrdečný, mile, laskavý, laskavě, vlídně, srdečněCzech
- venligst, venligDanish
- freundlicherweise, Bitte, liebenswürdig, freundlichGerman
- bondadosamente, agradable, bondadosoSpanish
- ystävällisesti, mukava, hyväntahtoisesti, ystävällinen, hyväntahtoinenFinnish
- gentillement, veuillez, aimablement, gentimentFrench
- gentilmente, volete, per piacereItalian
- vriendelijk, beminnelijkDutch
- amável, gentil, agradávelPortuguese
- добродушно, добрый, благожелательноRussian
- amiståvmint, binamêymint, s' i vs plaitWalloon
Get even more translations for kindly »
Find a translation for the kindly definition in other languages:
Select another language: