Definitions for kick off
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word kick off
inaugurate, kick off(verb)
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
We kicked off the meeting with introductions.; The game kicks off at 2p.m.
To make the first kick in a game or part of a game.
To start; to launch.
To die or quit permanently.
To shut down or turn off suddenly.
To force the weaning of a bovine cow's calf by restricting the calf's access to its mother's udders. Used figuratively or literally.
To be overcome with anger, to start an argument or a fight.
The Kick Off franchise is a series of football simulation computer games, first released in 1989. Kick Off, the first game of the series, was designed by Dino Dini and released by Anco for the Amiga and the Atari ST in 1989. The game was received well by the games industry at the time and won awards. After the release of Kick Off several sequels were released. Player Manager was released in 1990. The game was the first game to combine a management environment with a football game engine. Kick Off 2 was released in 1990 as a sequel to Kick Off. The game introduced a number of new features as well as several small alterations. In 1992, Dino Dini left Anco and signed a contract for Virgin Games, which released Goal! in 1993. Anco released several further editions of the Kick Off series between 1994 and 1997, but these games had little in common with Kick Off and Kick Off 2. In 2001–2003, the KOA collaborated closely with Anco developer Steve Screech in an attempt to relaunch the Kick Off and Player Manager series. Kick Off 2002 was released. Anco started to work on another sequel Kick Off 2004 which reached beta status. The attempt came to a halt when Anco closed in 2003.
Translations for kick off
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
- يَضْرِب الضربَةِ الأولى في لُعبَة كُرة القَدَمArabic
- começarPortuguese (BR)
- provést výkopCzech
- anstoßen; der AnstoßGerman
- (δίνω το) εναρκτήριο λάκτισμαGreek
- sacar, hacer el saque inicialSpanish
- avalööki tegemaEstonian
- با زدن توپ بازی را آغاز کردنFarsi
- (donner le) coup d'envoiFrench
- בְּעִיטַת פְּתִיחָהHebrew
- početi igruCroatian
- kezd(ő rúgást tesz)Hungarian
- tendangan pertamaIndonesian
- hefja leik (upphafsspyrna)Icelandic
- (dare il calcio d'inizio)Italian
- 축구 시합을 시작하다Korean
- pradėti futbolo rungtynes (smūgiu iš centro)Lithuanian
- sākt futbola spēliLatvian
- permulaan perlawananMalay
- rozpocząć mecz piłkarskiPolish
- با زدن توپ بازی را آغاز کردنPersian
- د توپ په وهلو سره د لوبي پيلولPashto
- a da lovitura deîncepereRomanian
- начинать игруRussian
- urobiť výkopSlovak
- začeti igro; začetni udarecSlovenian
- izvesti početni udaracSerbian
- göra avsparkSwedish
- เริ่มเล่นเกม (ฟุตบอล)Thai
- başlama vuruşu yapmakTurkish
- (足球的)開球Chinese (Trad.)
- починати (футбольний матч); початокUkrainian
- گیند کو کک مار کر فٹبال میچ کی شروعات کرناUrdu
- cú phát bóng (trong bóng đá)Vietnamese
- （足球的）开球Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for kick off »
Find a translation for the kick off definition in other languages:
Select another language: