Definitions for jokerˈdʒoʊ kər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word joker
a person who enjoys telling or playing jokes
a person who does something thoughtless or annoying
"some joker is blocking the driveway"
an inconspicuous clause in a document or bill that affects its meaning in a way that is not immediately apparent
"when I demanded my money he showed me the joker in the contract"
a playing card that is usually printed with a picture of a jester
(Card Playing) An extra card usually included in a deck of playing cards, having the same design as the others on the back, but on the face having a picture of a jester. It is not included in the deck used in most games, but in certain games may be included and then takes on a special value, such as the highest-valued card, or a wild card.
A clause placed in a document, such as a contract or a piece of legislation, not itself appearing significant, but in a subtle way substantially changing the effect of the document.
Hence: Any fact or condition which is unknown or not apparent, which reverses an apparently advantageous position; a kicker.
A person; a fellow; a chap; -- usually used in a mildly disparaging sense; as, who's the joker who left the ice cream on the table?.
A person who makes jokes.
A funny person
A playing card that features a picture of a joker (that is, a jester) and that may be used as a wild card in some card games.
An unspecified, vaguely disreputable person.
Some joker keeps changing this web page.
one who makes jokes or jests
see Rest bower, under 2d Bower
Translations for joker
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- jòquer, comodíCatalan, Valencian
- Jolly, Spaßvogel, JokerGerman
- bufón, bromista, comodín, hazmerreír, guazón, chistoso, humoristaSpanish
- شوخ, جوکرPersian
- blagueur, farceur, jokerFrench
- fear na gcrúb, an buachaill mór, cleasaíIrish
- buffone di corte, jolly, buffone, mattaItalian
- buffu, ċajtier, ċajtiera, buffa, ġowkerMaltese
- jéígNavajo, Navaho
- żartowniś, dżoker, dowcipniś, jokerPolish
- coringa, melé, piadista, curingaPortuguese
- шутник, джокерRussian
- vragolan, šaljivac, šutnikSerbo-Croatian
- skojare, narr, skämtare, jokerSwedish
- joker, şakacıTurkish
Get even more translations for joker »
Find a translation for the joker definition in other languages:
Select another language: