Definitions for interfereˌɪn tərˈfɪər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word interfere
come between so as to be hindrance or obstacle
"Your talking interferes with my work!"
intervene, step in, interfere, interpose(verb)
get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force
"Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
To get involved or involve oneself, causing disturbance.
I always try not to interfere with other peopleu2019s personal affairs.
(of waves) To be correlated with each other when overlapped or superposed.
Origin: entreferir, from entre- + ferir, itself from the verb ferio.
to come in collision; to be in opposition; to clash; as, interfering claims, or commands
to enter into, or take a part in, the concerns of others; to intermeddle; to interpose
to strike one foot against the opposite foot or ankle in using the legs; -- sometimes said of a human being, but usually of a horse; as, the horse interferes
to act reciprocally, so as to augment, diminish, or otherwise affect one another; -- said of waves, rays of light, heat, etc. See Interference, 2
to cover the same ground; to claim the same invention
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'interfere' in Verbs Frequency: #780
Translations for interfere
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- عاق, عرقلArabic
- interferir, destorbar, dificultarCatalan, Valencian
- stören, erschwerenGerman
- interferir, impedirSpanish
- tagasi hoidma, takistama, pidurdamaEstonian
- interferoida, sekaantua, sotkeutuaFinnish
- entraver, mêler, interférer, perturberFrench
- meggátol, megakadályozHungarian
- 妨げる, 干渉Japanese
- დაბრკოლება, შეფერხებაGeorgian
- officiō, obstōLatin
- maken, hinderenDutch
- hemmeNorwegian Nynorsk
- przeszkadzać, powstrzymywaćPolish
- împiedica, stânjeniRomanian
- интерферировать, мешать, препятствоватьRussian
- otežavati, спречити, отежавати, spriječiti, sprečitiSerbo-Croatian
- hindra, försvåraSwedish
- kinza, kingaSwahili
- กีด, กีดขวางThai
Get even more translations for interfere »
Find a translation for the interfere definition in other languages:
Select another language: